Educate me. I thought 50% a year was good

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Catmango---------Yes---------I see where you are coming from now.

If he is trading opm though in addition to his own money {lets just say $50,000 of his and $250,000 of opm}, he could be making about $1875 a month on the opm at a 30% annual return with a 30% management fee. He would then have another $1250 a month from his own monies gain for a total potential monthly income of $3125.

Not much for all the headaches in the beginning of trying to gain funds at a start up point for trading opm. The best scenario at the start up in my opinion is to have enough opm funds to live off 1/2 of your monthly charged management fees. Your own initial personal funds and the other 1/2 of the management fees can then accumulate over time. This is where being able to start with about 1.0 million or more is the best starting point to really get something building up fast. This is the point where all the headaches of trading your system through your own CTA or CPO makes it all worthwhile. If you are already trading $200,000 or more of your own money then any opm monies traded can just be gravy to have your management fees as accumulation monies added to your personal funds-----------this is of course a perfect set up in my opinion.

#71     Jul 17, 2005
  2. Electric------------- don't forget weekly pilates, monthly botox, and psychiatry fees for having to live in California. :D

#72     Jul 17, 2005
  3. Well,

Yes, then there is sushi, mann theatre and starbucks...You will need your American Express Card with no limit for San Diego Zoo and DisneyLand...or Catalina Island.

See my movie....

Do they have internet psychiatrists? I think my dog needs one. oh no he is staring at me because I forgot to feed him his australian sheep dog food, 50 bucks a bag...I tried it once and it wasn't bad...I swear that dog eats better than I!

#73     Jul 17, 2005
  4. :)

#74     Jul 17, 2005
  5. :)

#75     Jul 17, 2005