Educate me. I thought 50% a year was good

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Agreed.

#11     Jul 13, 2005
  2. Thanks for all the time you guys are spending with this novice. Millionaire status Wifey prefers, but she is pushing me to be more successful just now. I personally don't care, but she believes I can do it. They say behind every successful man is a successful woman...lol..

I think I would enjoy making some people some money, I just don't know how to attack it. I do not want to talk to clients, I know this...I am a terrible salesman. I would tell them only the negative things about my system, as I do not want the pressure. Its hard to be the trader and the salesman for me...been there done that...hated it. I am just a pure trader and I need to do what I love with more capital.

Michael B.

#12     Jul 13, 2005
  3. How come you don't trade forex futures?

The margin on those are way better, $3k controls $100k

Just $50k capital you can control quite some coin

#13     Jul 15, 2005
  4. Electric,

Since you ask this question, what do you think, knowing what you know about yourself and your system now, is the kind of return you can achieve consistently every year, with a max drawdown of 20%? What % return do you think your system "Cash & Carry" can achieve per annum?

#14     Jul 16, 2005
  5. A FCM broker principle recently told me, a system with only a 30% yearly return and never more then 10% drawdown during the year would bring me more money to trade then I would know what to do with--------I was shocked by this actually. I had always thought 50% and 10% was the levels that would start to get you some interest.

#15     Jul 16, 2005
  6. The scaling techniques I use and the method of positive interest differential in one of the systems that I trade do not permit the use of Futures and actually is quite dependent on the tools and the platform provided by the Market Maker that I am currently using.

Michael B.

#16     Jul 16, 2005
  7. I can get 25% with a 8% DD in a 365 day period

I can get 35% with a 20% DD in a 365 day period

I can achieve a 1:4 max risk to cumulative profit ratio within 365 days.

I am constantly trying to improve stay tuned...

Loosen up, I thank you for this question and giving me the opportunity to think and answer. You guys really are being the friends that I need. You are anonymous and I know I am being silly...But Thanks...

Michael B.

#17     Jul 16, 2005
  8. Mac..Event,

This is encouraging.

Michael B.

#18     Jul 16, 2005
  9. 50% would put you in the top 1% of all traders in the world.

#19     Jul 16, 2005
  10. Ok,

I cannot consistantly claim that status, but half of it perhaps. Not bragging, just getting perspective. Thanks.

Heck I have only been trading Cash & Carry for a couple of months...lol I got some years left to build a track record and to make reasonable decisions as to expectations.

But, I am confident enough if somebody wanted to own me that I could make us some conservative money.

Michael B.

#20     Jul 16, 2005