Edit Post Notation !!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OMG, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcour

hcour Guest

I think we should have 24 hrs to edit other members' posts. That way when you read some typical ET foolishness you can sneak in something like "Oh, and btw, I'm an idiot" at the end of their msg. Or you could put it in parenthesis, so it would be kind of subliminal: Blah blah blah (I'm a numbnut) blah blah blah (I have no penis) blah blah blah...

Whaddya say, ET? How 'bout a feature to edit posts of other members? Oh yeah baby! (I'm an idiot.)

Harold

#41     Jan 22, 2006
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm inclined to agree. I try to make a habit of spell checking and proof reading my posts BEFORE I submit. Then I'll do a quick proof read immediately after submitting the post while I still have time to make changes if needed.

#42     Jan 22, 2006
  3. It's all fine in how well you guys are versed in Forum posting.

But why should the site limit any of this...Barons reasons for having the edit available was so he would not have increased admin...

what harm would come if it were 2...3...4 hours? nothing...

What harm if it were reduced...More admin...

I just do not get it...

I like to post first re-read my little square in the body of posts and then edit...It's nice to reflect that way...

In the last 24 hours I have now gone back to re-edit and my time was up...this sucks and it will stifle the contribution from those that have something to share.

there must be a more valid reason to change this edit time other that real time market calls...sheeesh

Michael B.

#43     Jan 22, 2006
  4. You think my post count is high...you will now get threads filled with twice as many posts.... Baron will get more admin....and concise well thought out edited posts will no longer be archived...

please get a clue. no time to sign my name...there were several other posts posted while i had this in my notepad...

This Sucks

#44     Jan 22, 2006
  5. its ok jOe...(you got your post deleted quickley...BUT I SAW IT)

They will remove the post count soon too...title bars, post count rank and now editing is being removed or changed...

hey why don't you just make ET a white page with black text and get it's unique features eliminated...get it over with and cut to the chase...

#45     Jan 22, 2006
  6. hey just use a generic forum script who need ET's custom programming anymore!

your throwing out the baby with the bath water you guys...

#46     Jan 22, 2006
  7. hcour

hcour Guest

All newspapers, magazines, and book publishers use professional editors to proof their professional writers, because even the pro's make all kinds of errors. It's not embarrassing or unprofessional or irresponsible to need to edit a post. I personally work very hard on my serious msgs on this forum, as many others here obviously do also, and to not have the chance to edit something after it's been posted just because some purely arbitrary deadline has passed is not fair to those who take the worthwhile stuff on this board seriously, or who put real effort into expressing themselves well.

H

#47     Jan 22, 2006
  8. traderob

traderob

Why not edit before you post. You could use word or notepad, or whatever and then copy and paste. Two extra clicks only.

#48     Jan 22, 2006
  9. I don't know why but it's easier to spot mistakes after seeing the posting gone through and after some time has elapsed.
    Also (in my case) I realize, most of the times after quite a while, I left out information that are important and that show coherence only in the contest of the original post, so, making another post without re-phrasing the whole subject is out of the question.
    I bet I am not the only one feeling the same here.

#49     Jan 22, 2006
  10. I have stated my opinion on this on other threads but I want to vote as many times as is legal. The 10 minute rule SUCKS!!!!!!! I vote to extend it beyond an hour even. The longer the better. I can think of many reason to edit a post and 10 minutes is not enough time.

#50     Jan 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.