Edit Post Notation !!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OMG, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubberbird..

so I lose a half an hour...that sucks...Why can't we have 2 hours?

Michael B.

#21     Jan 19, 2006
  2. It's up to Baron. Right now it's 10 minutes. So 1/2 hour sounds like a fair compromise.

#22     Jan 19, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, let's summarize. So far 3 posters agreed that 10 minutes were sufficient, 2 needed more time. I have a simple question:

Give me one very good reason why would you want to edit your post 50 minutes after you posted?

If you didn't notice a big mistake in 10 minutes, will you after 40 more minutes? Seriously, this is a messageboard, an international one, so grammar and spelling is not that important. We can read you guys with misspelled words or broken grammar... By the way, I am not a native English speaker either...

CORRECT INFORMATION, THAT IS important! If it was a political or religious newsgroup, I wouldn't care how much you edit your post 2-3 hours after you posted, but since this is a TRADING messageboard, DATA is important. PRICE, VOLUME AND TIME, that is.

If posters can edit up to 60 minutes, several of the threads become irrelevant.

You want to edit your posts? How about READING them FIRST, before posting?? I know, strange as it sounds, but it is possible!!! You can actually read what you have just written BEFORE sending it into cyberspace.

If you have something new to add, just post a new one. End of story.

And you say the market moves in 10 minutes? Of course! But it moves even more in 60 minutes, so your point is actually my point....

But I am flexible, so let's leave the 10 minutes limit for a few weeks and see how it works. After all the 60 minutes has ruled for a few years, so we should give a chance to the new rule...

P.S.: I am also OK with no editing. Again, editing is possible BEFORE you post.... :)

#23     Jan 19, 2006
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I didn't mean anything that I just said above.

#24     Jan 19, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yes, I did. :)

See? Instead of editing my post, I simply just quoted the relevant part and made a new post. Life is sometimes SO simple! :cool:

#25     Jan 19, 2006
  6. Editing is is a necessity to keep a somewhat smooth flow of communication going on in a bb format.
    It's unrealistic to expect that people will not misspell, or fuk up with grammar, or simply not say things while angry.
    Some times it helps all of us to grant a few liberties to people who think better of what they said compared to what they ought to have said.

Editing gives people an option to police themselves.

No time limit on edits!

PS. Forcing people to edit their own post might be very advantages to ET in the long run anyway.

#26     Jan 19, 2006
  7. I think the editing time should be less than 10 minutes....

If you cannot get your ideas across correctly BEFORE pushing the 'Submit Reply" button then be more careful and considerate of what you write. SLOW DOWN and take care in what you write. Its pretty simple IMO.

BTW you should know how to proofread your own post using the "preview reply" button.

I hate seeing people "edit" out their mistakes in order to save face. Giving people the option to edit long after the fact is asking for lower quality content IMO.

#27     Jan 19, 2006
  8. I don't care if one is a lawyer , a doctor or a candlestick maker.... anyone that makes trades based solely on what is posted on a thread, is truly a classic dumb son of a bitch!

#28     Jan 20, 2006
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I want to edit my life! Where can I complain? :)

Most editing here is done for saving face just like Mike said and not for gramer. (<<< and you got what I meant to say anyway)

Forcing people to PROOFREAD their own posts might be very advantagous to ET in the long run. They will eventually grow up...

People should take responsibilities for their actions, like sending information into cyberspace...

#29     Jan 20, 2006
  10. where are those legal papers you were threatening me with, ms. salvage?

#30     Jan 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.