Edit Post Notation !!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OMG, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OMG

OMG

While I have only become a registered member recently, I have been coming here reading many of the threads, especially the ones regarding trading.

I have noticed a very disturbing thing and that is certain individuals make a post regarding a certain entry or exit point and then come back and CHANGE their post after the market immediately goes against them.

Why is this allowed? Any forum involving real money as in trading forums should have an automatic "EDIT" notation along with the time of the edit if the member edits their post immediately or a very short time after posting. Especially when it comes to posting specific entry/exit numbers!

Thank you.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree and I already complained about this, but don't expect a change though.

Seriously, 10 minutes window should be plenty for editing any mistakes, beyond that is just tinkering with data, price, prediction....

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I just set the time limit for editing to 10 minutes. Thanks for the feedback.

4. oh my gawd, now what am I going to do!

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Wow, if you do that I congratulate you. I can't believe that users complaints actually had the desired effect. Way to go Baron!

6. Baron, I just wanted to let you know that the OMG who is complaining wrote this on my thread:

"You changed your number/edited after you posted this. You had it is a good sale right around here @ 1280 and then after watching the market, you come back and changed it to 1281 !!!

I am just now registered but have been coming here for a few months now and I followed this exchange and realized it is either a game or a very sad trick being played on the members here.

I noticed you change a lot of what you say after you see replies immediately after your posting. It has become quite obvious from watching this and your previous long threads that you are not what you claim you are. Very discouraging to those of us who come here to read and post about serious trading using real dollars."

Sounds very familiar to the same individuals who constantly come to my threads and jealously attack. BTW, he is lying about my edit. The S&P was trading between 1281-1282 at and before 9:51am (please check the chart) when I made the post. And it's quite comical he is complaining over 1 point. So this lonely boy of many aliases is an obvious agitator.

Anyway, I agree that there should be a 10 minute limit on edits.

Now how bout a rule on aliases trying to wreck good threads?

7. That's slitghly unfair.

The mkt can move in 10min.

What u have done makes no sense and creates more problems for us foreigners in desperate need of time to check for grammatical errors.

Sort it out, please.

Thanks
    bit

8. Like I said,

Now how bout a rule on aliases trying to wreck good threads?

you can thank the maggots and slime of many aliases if you are unhappy with this new edit rule.

9. Here u go

Already a spelling mistake.

10. OMG

OMG

Let me state very clearly to you that I have registered for the first and only time on the date it says I did. Let me also make very clear to you that I am a trial attorney, one of the most successful ones in the country, and if you again make a slanderous public posting directed towards me ever again, be advised that you are risking legal action.

#10     Jan 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.