"Edgeless" monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nitro, Apr 11, 2007.

1. nitro

nitro

Does anyone know what the largest resolution and largest size, smallest edges monitors is? Price is no object.

nitro

2. cmaxb

cmaxb

3. Nitro, can you list some examples? I don't see any monitors with slimmer bezels than my old NEC 1980SX.

4. nitro

nitro

Right, I am talking about monitors whose containing case is as small as possible, so that when you put then side by side or stack them vertically, it looks like one monitor.

Most monitors have about an inch of case around them, so that when you put two of them together, you have about two inches of break between them.

nitro

5. nitro

nitro

Atticus,

A while back I remember seeing these monitors. I can't remember who made them, so I cannot give a list. I tired searching google for "edgeless monitor", but what I remember seeing didn't come up.

A large HDTV (50") would work if the resolution were higher... :( Then we could put the entire application on one screen.

nitro

6. Yeah, I wasn't getting anywhere on google.

7. gnome

gnome

You can't really have an "edgeless" monitor... something has to hold the panel and provide structural rigidity. Most of the smallest ones are about .7".

However there is a software program which purports to interpolate the display to mask the bezels of 2 monitors to make it look like one continuous... rather expensive, though.

8. Princeton VL1919 has a 5/8in. bezel...thinest I've found. Available at Costco $200.

9. I've got 4 of the NEC 1980SX lying around. 5/8" as well.

10. nitro

nitro

#10     Apr 11, 2007