Edge in understanding Distributions?

Discussion in 'Options' started by jordanwrong, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

Anyone who is talking about skewed vs. bi-modal is way over my head.

I don't do enough volume for me to even consider that.

I trade options. This is what I know. Pick one or two entities that you like for whatever reason and learn how they work. Stay with what you know.

Going all over the place because of earnings disappointment or whatever is more than I can handle. I am not cool enough to do something just because it went up or down a lot.

Secret - For any company there is a group that works the options. In time you will see how they work.

#11     Mar 7, 2018
  2. Xela

Xela

Very sorry to hear this. o_O

#12     Mar 7, 2018
  3. Did sle live happily ever after after striking it big in the market...buy a Ferrari and a house in Hawaii -- or did he bust his account, and/or die?
    Just asking, w/o trying to seem crude. o_O

#13     Mar 7, 2018
  4. JackRab

JackRab

Ah the ignorance of a commoner...

His posts were just about always insightful and educational. You would be on the opposite side of that... in the loud mouth blabbing about much of nothing section.

#14     Mar 7, 2018
    spindr0, bone, vegamedic and 5 others like this.
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Hope he comes back. I appreciated his coaching and his willingness to explain the finer points of finance to us retails.

#15     Mar 10, 2018
  6. JackRab

JackRab

He stopped because of some (social) media clauses in his contract... He figured, might as well stop all social media/internet things. Something I've been temped to do on and off for a few years as well.

#16     Mar 11, 2018
    nbbo, Rationalize, srinir and 2 others like this.
  7. ajacobson

ajacobson

Huge loss to the forum.:( Sergei knew his stuff.

#17     Mar 11, 2018
    Rationalize likes this.
  8. Great guy. Just hope he’s alive and healthy.

#18     Mar 11, 2018
  9. He's still posting on other forums. As of yesterday. Something tells me his absence here is due to ET-specific factors. Perhaps the high percentage of intractably idiotic posters had a lot to do with it -- the same reason ET lost RiskArb et alia.

#19     Mar 11, 2018
    ajacobson likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

He made $30MM in 2016 and bought a Greek island.

#20     Apr 4, 2018