"Edge Challenge" - prove us wrong!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by in56, Aug 11, 2006.

1. 4re

4re

Not only do I have my whole trading method listed here on ET but I have a detailed chart everynight of my entries listed the night before with a chart showing exactly where to enter and exit in my journal for all to see. I don't believe you have to be secretive to be successful in trading. I have traded the same method I outline in stocks, options and futures with slight modifications in each but same method. So far so good. Feel free to check it out. S/R emini journal...

#21     Aug 12, 2006
  2. aw man, you just ruined it for us..

-qwik

#22     Aug 12, 2006
  3. #23     Aug 12, 2006
  4. 4re

4re

You are right. The more I thought about your statement the more I realized that my response was about method as well. I posed this question in my journal because I don't think I can honestly say that I have an egde. But I have been trading stocks, options and futures with some amount of success over a period of about 14 years anyway. Maybe my edge is just plain luck, I don't know...

#24     Aug 12, 2006
  5. In another thread you said:

"I've tried for years to trade index futures intraday, and never made a penny. Lost maybe $30k over the course of a couple years. Not a lot of money compared to what I make on stocks so I consider it an 'education expense'."

I'm not bustin' on you Brian, just challenging.

So is it profitable or not?

#25     Aug 12, 2006
  6. NTB

NTB

In that case, your 'edge' may be more skill and experience than others, however, in my mind that is a very weak edge and very difficult to prove because it cannot be proven and really just works until it doesn't (ie. you never really know if you have an edge or have just gotten lucky). Very few people can claim a 'skill or knowledge based' edge with all of the smart and skilled money (notice i didn't use the word "traders" here because it is about the amount of competitive dollars against you, not the number of traders against you) in the marketplace. In fact, some might claim it is impossible.

#26     Aug 12, 2006
  7. Jimmy,

What made you not trade this friday? Please explain more.

Thanks,

Brian

#27     Aug 12, 2006
  8. Not a problem Steve.

I have been following this strategy for about 3 months. I have been trading it for about 3 weeks now. I have been selling 1/2 my position at 5 ticks, the remainder I have been trailing with a breakeven stop. It has actually been working well. I don't have the exact stats. Check it out. The person that I referenced said they have been using this for years.

Brian

#28     Aug 12, 2006
  9. 4re

4re

Yep, you might be right but I will stick with it hopefully for years to come. All I can do is trade with the big money guys and I never go against them. So far so good.

#29     Aug 12, 2006
  10. Trade Jack Hershey's really kewl SCT and you can make 4% to 7% per day, according to Jack and his disciples. Hint: think Boolean.

#30     Aug 12, 2006