Economy lost 400,000 jobs or gained 100,000

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mike oxbig, Oct 5, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Whatever

#21     Oct 5, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL...so you're mad that I agree with you?

#22     Oct 5, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#23     Oct 5, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Not mad. Just don't see the point in nit picking over numbers that are always subject to inaccuracies which has little to do with the point being made. :D

#24     Oct 5, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

We have to nitpick them to find out where the stories don't match, if at all. The BLS makes the system so friggen complex in the hopes that no one can root out where the issues are, but all they end up doing is making it harder for them to hide the questionable data in the method. They'd be better off just lying outright, as no one would be able to prove anything.

#25     Oct 5, 2012
  6. The fact that they can "revise" them months later in some footnote manner does help their cause either. All this bullshit about the headline number that (let's put it bluntly) IS fraudulent makes a mockery of this entire situation.

As you've pointed out repeatedly, the labor participation rate is about the best thing we've got nowadays.

#26     Oct 5, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Precisely. The whole game is a sham, and the more complex they make it, the more difficult it is to maintain a facade - as there's clearly no way to lie in all of the data.

#27     Oct 5, 2012
  8. Tsingy, I think EVEN a doper would understand that too. The BLS methodology has always been subject to justifiable criticism. It paints a rosier picture than the reality - regardless of who's running the show.

The problem is we always want to assign the failings of the methodology to our opposition party in the executive branch. They - the politicians - laugh at us when were sniping at each other rather than holding thier feet to the fire. Every single administration in the last 100 years has spun things to thier advantage. And if Romney wins in November, you can bet he will too in 2016. The only difference will be the cast of characters on this thread will have shifted sides.

I have been voting since 1980. I am jaded. Frankly, its 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other for me.

#28     Oct 5, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

You don't get it: both sides are the same but the OTHER SIDE IS WORSE!

Understand? ; )

#29     Oct 5, 2012
  10. jem

jem

'

which is why the beast must be starved.

#30     Oct 5, 2012