Economy isnt that bad...poor people still driving mercedes'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 9, 2009.

1. I got a burrito. Man it was good. I dont know why, but seems like only in those poor areas do they know how to make really good food. Same way when i go to mexico...food is just so much better there. It seems like the more upscale you get in restaurants the worse the food is.

#21     Mar 10, 2009
  2. JB3

JB3

CASH4GOLD, baby! They are just stocking up on gold so they can pawn it off when the price is right.

#22     Mar 10, 2009
  3. They use lard, butter, real cheese, cheap fatty meat...everything they say will clog your arteries, but tastes sooo good:)

#23     Mar 10, 2009
    #24     Mar 10, 2009
  5. lifespan in mexico is 73.05 years for males and 78.78 for females. You should stop getting your information from the guys you work with at wal-mart.

#25     Mar 11, 2009
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It depends upon what you do for a living. In a lot of cases the guys driving the 100K cars in those neighborhoods are the local drug big shits and whatnot. They are much safter living in the old neighorhood then going to the burbs. Now that does not mean that a lot of them are not tempted to pack up and move to a better part of town, but the smart ones stay in the hood. You used to see the same thing with a lot of the big shot's in the mafia. These guys would be making six figures per week, but they still lived in little houses in the old neighborhood. Look at a guy like Carlo Gambino, possibly the most powerful mafia boss in American history, as an example. Another example would be Angelo Bruno from Philadelphia, he was a guy who was worth millions, but he never left South Philly. Another big time NYC mafia boss in the 1980's, Anthony Salerno is said to have been worth between $150 and $200million (In the late 70's and early 80s) and he still choose to spend most of his time in his old tenement flat on Prospect Avenue in Spanish (old Italian) Harlem...long after the Italians had mostly left..but it's where he did his business and he wanted to be right there to know what's going on. To a lot of these guys it's not about the money at all, it's about the power. Different strokes for different folks.
    Some of it just has to do with where you feel comfortable too. Just as an example when Toni and I divorced I could have easily stayed down in Sarasota..just bought another house and continued on with my life (for the next few months anyway), but I did not, I came back to Iowa where my family is because it's comfortable for me. I'm now in a county where the average yearly household income is less then I make in an excellent week. This is a place where the teachers and police offers are considered "rich" and doctors and dentists are looked at with the same awe as a billionare would be in NYC.

Brandon

#26     Mar 11, 2009