Economics Reporter @ NYT Nearly Gets Foreclosed - He "Should Have Seen It Coming"'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 14, 2009.

1. dcvtss

dcvtss

Turns out that these people live really really close to me, like walking distance. You simply would not believe the amount of overpaid policy analysts, middle managers, lobbyists, lawyers and the like that make Montgomery County their home. The vast majority of them have a sense of self righteousness and entitlement that is off the charts as well. They don't call us the Berkeley of the east for nothin'. :) :) :)

My favorite name for the area is "Versailles on the Potomac". :)

#41     May 21, 2009
  2. spinn

spinn

I grew up in Montgomery County and still live here, although not by choice.

This guy sounds typical of what it has become. Entitled hypocrites who got beat up in high school and are still mad about it.

This area is not what it used to be...........

#42     May 21, 2009
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

I feel the same way as you, I grew up here also and would leave if it was up to me. So many 'carpetbaggers' for lack of a better word.

#43     May 21, 2009
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Or marry right the 1st time around.

#44     May 22, 2009
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Good point about taking his own medicine.

Regarding the second point, that just reinforces my view that getting married is insanity if you are the much higher-earner in a couple. The guy could have stayed unmarried and cohabited, and he would be $3k a month better off now.

#45     May 24, 2009
  6. RobtF

RobtF

The man is a fool on many levels. I might have, but will not now buy his book.

#46     May 24, 2009
  7. ipatent

ipatent

8. :D

It probably took me 14 years to payoff the house... now, I get to contribute to a liar-loan borrower in a house he could never afford. I sat & watched the circus, sold all my investment property b/w 2004-2007 (and paid taxes out the ass too), & the f-ing gov't doubles back and sticks me again. They can only suspecnd reality for so long.

my buddies that appraise residential real estate say banks are picking up the pace of dealing with problem assets. CRE is rolling over hard IMO, so...

and it feels "different this time." if this was a "normal" recession, I think we would be starting on the upstroke already.

#48     May 24, 2009
  9. #49     May 24, 2009
  10. Thats what I don't get. He is paying 4k in child support and alimony....but she isn't getting anything from her ex? And he is paying 700 to send the stepkids back to see their dad? I am amazed by the story.

I did say to someone the other day that older people would be able to withstand the downturn because they knew how to do without. The 30 & 40 yr olds have always had it good and don't know you don't HAVE to have cable, starbucks or even a dishwasher:D They think everything is a necessity.

#50     May 24, 2009