Economics Reporter @ NYT Nearly Gets Foreclosed - He "Should Have Seen It Coming"'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 14, 2009.

1. Ehh, I give the guy a pass. Real life vs Theory economics.

In our disposable society, too quickly we throw away whatever, after the first mistake or the first time someone doesn't live up to our expectations.

I'm sure the next chapter on his life will be much more insightful.

#11     May 14, 2009
  2. trendy

trendy

Grapes of Wrath?

[​IMG]

#12     May 14, 2009
  3. The loss of jobs and rising unemployment is only a lagging indicator in what we've experienced as 'cyclical,' short and shallow recessions over the last 4 decades.

When the downturn is structural, results in permanent changes, and isn't driven by the business cycle, mass job losses and industries being wiped out entirely is not a lagging indicator at all, but a sign of worse times to come, as there are fewer jobs to replace those lost, and as the wages are lower.

#13     May 14, 2009
  4. yes but what a lot of you 'live at home so called adults' dont realise is that the monthly cost of living is just so high....in that article other than the beach house holiday(which seemed cheap anyway)there wasnt any expenditure too out of the ordinary,that is what life with kids and living out of home is like boys and girls

#14     May 14, 2009
  5. I read the article.

But THAT picture speaks a thousand words.

The wisdom of Tom T Hall says it all.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Of course what the hell would a NYT hack know about wisdom from anyone, let alone Tom T Hall. Not anymore that this NYT economics reporter would know about personal finance.

After his divorce the immature boy tried to go back in time and marry his high school sweetheart from down Argentinia way.

She be the same age and what is more TALLER. Same age taller ain't wise, Tom T definitely said younger and had he been asked, I know he would have said never go for taller women.

Plus she has a barefoot daughter who is a poser that likes to lie down with dogs on public doorsteps.

That picture be packing a HUGE amount of HUGE issues.

#15     May 14, 2009
  6. reread the article they r the same age and she was based in la

#16     May 14, 2009
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

I feel sorry for me still paying my mortgage.

#17     May 15, 2009
  8. No shit. Maybe everyone should all just stop paying their mortgages.

Are we entering a Nietzscheanism period of moral relativism, including the obligation to make our mortgage payments as agreed upon?

#18     May 15, 2009
  9. More proof........."THEIR" KOOL-AID works on many in the timid and docile MASSES......even on those who should KNOW BETTER! :eek:

Also, look what the "Globalist Wealth Entities" wondrous government sponsored vaccination programs have done to their daughter and pet.......... :eek:

:D :p :D

#19     May 15, 2009
  10. Mvic

Mvic

They look pissed off, hopefully at themselves.

If anyone is tempted to feel sorry for these people I suggest you read the story of Le Van Vu in one of those chicken soup for the soul books.

#20     May 15, 2009