Economics of Texas

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bigarrow, Feb 16, 2011.

1. the1

the1

The inner city of Chicago is beginning to compete with Detroit, resembling a third world country. Downtown in the loop is still good but once you get outside the loop you want to continue going until you hit the perimeter.

Drove through El Paso a few years back on my way back up to ABQ. Dang is it hot down there! Houston too much pollution and humidity. I'm guessing Dallas and Amarillo ain't so bad but never been through those parts.

#41     Feb 17, 2011
  2. Amarillo and Dallas are as different as night and day.

#42     Feb 17, 2011
  3. volente_00

volente_00

You dead set on north texas ?

For 400k you can get a decent place on the lake in south east TX away from the rat race but an easy commute to houston if you wanted.

http://irec.lakeconroe.com/content.cfm?HAR_id=504037&mlnum=93347764&class=1&cs=5

FWIW I would go with Allen over Plano.

#43     Feb 17, 2011
  4. BSAM

BSAM

(Just don't tell him what the humidity is like in that area.)

#44     Feb 17, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think people bitch too much about weather. We're lucky enough we live in a country with so much diversity in climate. It's always either too hot or too cold or too much rain or too much snow. Americans are getting a little bit...shall we say prissy?

#45     Feb 17, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

LOL...You'd argue with a fence post man.

Just move to San Luis Obispo. Problems solved.

#46     Feb 17, 2011
  7. I am a former homebuilder
    ------------------------------------

Why former?

Second, not sure where your building, in timbuck 2 but in and aroudn Houston, San Antonio and Dallas homes have dropp'd in value from their peak. of course not at the levels of FL or CA.

Old Red Mcombs is taking a 20 million dollar hit on his project off Broadway in Alamo Heights, San Antonio with units 3000 sq feet starting at 900k and up.

I can name a shit load of empty RE and lower price's across the board as I have access to CO-STAR and MLS.

So, not sure where you use to build homes....but Texas is not immune. There is massive empty inventory on both Used and New Homes and New Home builders are going outa business fast.

The most recent Texas RE report from SABOR and it's committees around TEXAS ...FUCKING HORRIBLE NUMBERS.

The only shit mov'n are homes in the 80 to 120k range.

So, who ever your talking to must only build 8 houses a year and they must deal with the wealthy as in "Pre-designed".

Lending is down huge as most can not qualify for homes.

Lets not even talk about empty commercial
    space in and around Texas or Bankruptcy fillings to protect against creditors. If you have access to CO-STAR...I would talk a look if I were you.

So, I believe someone is shoveling some nice Long Horn Shit your way.....blowing smoke up your ass in other words.

#47     Feb 17, 2011
  8. Agreed. And I live in Plano. Frisco is also nice if you can afford it.

#48     Feb 17, 2011
  9. easy commute to houston if you wanted.....

-------------------------------------------------
    EASY LOOOOONG COMMUTE......2 hours at least if not more.

I Fly to Houston on business from SA. I use to drive for meetings but it would take me 2 hours from Houston City limits, on 10 heading into downtown Houston. Total 5 hours to get to Houston.....which is a Drive to Dallas from SA.

I like Houston...but man, if you have to commute....no way.

#49     Feb 17, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, a fence post doesn't give me the satisfaction. LOL.

Yeah sure San Luis Obispo will solve his climate problems. He'll have a new problem called bankruptcy. LOL. If the taxes don't get him, his mortgage will. :D :D :D :D :D

#50     Feb 17, 2011