Economical growth is taking and taking

Discussion in 'Economics' started by callmeput, May 30, 2004.

1. Yes, really! But after the first 50 mil or so it would become a way of keeping score and not a means to buy additional things.

#11     May 30, 2004
  2. Globally it doesn't change the problematic :). In fact we are in a globalisation process...

The idea of creating money "for free" is not new in fact that's what they sell at each credit bubble but it cannot work since those who have the power want to keep it so for what reason do they create these bubbles ? It's just a sponge to pump money from the public. What they give back is DEBT they call WEALTH: this is FRAUD ! The reason why people don't see the fraud until it's too late is that it last a whole generation. So people who pretend that it can continue because it has lasted so long are just completely wrong !

If you don't believe it read the recent warning from Ferdinand Lips who is co-founder and managing director of the Rothschild Bank in Zurich:
    http://www.financialsense.com/transcriptions/Parks.htm
    "France’s experience with John Law is being repeated on a worldwide basis."

#12     May 30, 2004
  3. Callme I dont think that would work in a society like americas. Perhaps in other nations it would. Usa is all about work, you are largely defined by what occupation you have. Some cultures trade time off for money, where as in usa you want money and not much time off. Some nations when a female has a child she is given a lot of time off of which a great portion of it is paid, in usa you get 3 months off and not paid, does this mean we dont value the mother/child relationship as well as we should? Or do we just want the female to begin contributing to the GDP of the USA again as quickly as possible. Some cultures arent as competitive as the usa is. There is no doubt the usa is a great place to work but I am not so sure its a great place to retire in, perhaps some thought is needed in that respect. The elderly after working all there lives get hit with rising medical cost, home taxes, etc.. Medicine that can be purchased in usa for 500 is 35 in egypt. I just feel the culture of usa is go go go but when your done at the end you want to sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labor and go slow,:)

#13     May 30, 2004
  4. Chairman

Chairman

It has been said that if funding was shifted from military operations in just the USA alone, there would be more than enough money to feed the entire nation. Military funding world wide is in the trillions. If each nation agreed to provide a certain percentage of their military funding, I strongly feel that ending world hunger would also reduce the number of wars.

It has also been said that the amount of food that goes to waste in the USA alone could feed every hungry being.

But when will we actually decide to make any changes?

#14     May 30, 2004
  5. Guys,
    it wouldn't work anywhere, first of all because it would disrupt the balances of supply in demand in such a way that it would make our lives completely miserable. Who would have the incentive to send medicine accross the world if they were capped, who would want to make new cars, technology, better processes if everything is capped. Humans would regress, and your life would be completely different from what it is today.
    Also, there is a clear problem with your statement: some would save, and some would spend. Some would go bankrupt anyways, see what I mean?
    It just makes no sense, it is a bad version of communism.

#15     May 30, 2004
  6. Do you think shifting military funds to free food would end world hunger?

One of the other left wing misconceptions. (same as the offshoring is bad for our economy fable).

If the western world would provide more free food to every third world nation, the end result would be an even faster growth in breeding, so MORE wars, because there isn't enough land to live on for everyone, not to speak of all the ruination of nature and natural resources, capacity of our mother earth.

To end hunger, we should treat the developing world as even partners in business, not giving free food and subsidies for changing them into a copy of our own world.

Please, think logically before you come with these naive left wing propagandas.

ps. i am not entirely anti-left, but definitely concerning these issues.

#16     May 30, 2004
  7. Oh and the huge AMOUNT OF DEBTS created by US is not LEFT WING POLITICS ??? What is funny is that it has been hugeley applied by the supposedly "republicans" party ! They are as republican as my donkey !

#17     May 30, 2004
  8. You have a donkey? Now...Why am I not surprised.

#18     May 30, 2004
  9. It's kinda understandable why the us government is selling bonds now. the negative trade balance with china means china has to buy bonds, so us can sell it for a good price :)

#19     May 30, 2004
  10. Interesting link there Harry.
    Why not get rid of the leaders then to? Send them to an island somewhere

Why would not someone want to produce a new car even if they had no chance to make $264724927? And why would not someone work as a teacher for maybe less money? Perhaps they want to teach the children the real meaning of life.

Perhaps world economical growth would sin like a stone. So what! :) If we add economical growth to worlds misery today we end up with a much less attracting result.

Perhaps people can still have goals to get wealthier but with a limit.

We need to see other values than $$$ i think. The value of $$ (after food and paying rent and such) is simply an illusion.

#20     May 30, 2004