Economic Warnings from Patrick Byrne

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Oh, it'll get plenty ugly in the streets. Plenty ugly.

How would you like to have been screaming for how many years, and nobody listened. Now, I have to suffer with everybody else.

My wife said, "will we ever have anything'. My response was, that it's not our call anymore. But the feeling I've got in my stomach goes away. The guys that did this, that made the billions, their life is over. Oh sure, some get away.

But look at McCain, Alverez, the late Jim Stockdale..... they were locked up and beaten for years. And to a man, they got on with their lives while guards that broke every rule know to warfare was broken. They moved on.

Let' s fix this, fry who we can get, and the few that get away??????? Don't forget Mengele, Eichmann....... How would you like to know these pricks made your Dad into a lampshade, and they were living in South America as guests of some Government?

This crap in the history of man is small potatoes. It will pass.

#11     Sep 21, 2008
  2. CO,

People with more money to lose than us will make it work. I do like your analogy of averaging down on a penny stock, but it is our penny stock. The more I read the more I'm leaning towards a favorable outcome. Momentum to succeed comes from acting and making decisions, even wrong ones can be mitigated as long as they lead to more decisions.

Derivatives/finance is a chess board. All we need is a draw.

#12     Sep 21, 2008
  3. Jeez, I'm glad to hear you say that. Some pretty smart, wealthy people are telling me it's too late. And it may be. But I see Buffett saying tonight he'd do the bailout if he were there. Gross is talking his book on CNBC. What we've wanted is for heads to roll. If you know anything about government, you'll lknow that'll happen. It's going to be a tough week. But Iwas thinking along your lines. There are very wealthy people looking at the Nouvea Riche on the Street, and they're going , 'nope. Not taking a fall for you." Maybe thinking of basic human nature is the way to look at this.

Mack and Thain got a lot to lose too. And Mack is under investigation. He's got other worries. I wonder if, at this point, the guilty think they are going to get by this time again, because they always have. I wonder.

#13     Sep 21, 2008
  4. Cavuto hosts Patrick. Listen closely, and you'll get some hints about what's to come..........................

http://www.foxbusiness.com/video/index.html

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxbusiness-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fullPlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fullPlayer&categoryTitle=Latest Video&referralObject=3105555&referralPlaylistId=1292d14d0e3afdcf0b31500afefb92724c08f046' />

#14     Sep 22, 2008
  5. keep up the posts. GG

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  6. I just got a call...... guy sells platforms for hedge funds, runs some money... firm says, 'no shorting'. NOne. Nada. Anybody else seeing this?

#17     Sep 23, 2008