Economic Policy and consequences of Crime

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Innervoice, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Innervoice

Innervoice

I think many economic policy makers are now factoring crime into their models. If you look at companies such as CVS, Walmart and many others, they are closing down stores due to crime. This causes economic hardship for those that are employed in those area’s and the less money in the pockets of those employees causes a domino affect on other business’ in those area’s.
    Certain communities are becoming so violent and crime ridden that many large corporations are choosing to close down stores and slow growth in their own companies because of lost revenue due to theft, robbery, and violent assaults. This in turn slows overall economic growth. Why is this happening? Irresponsible and weak policies in certain communities along with no discipline and family structure in those communities.
    Revitalization seems like a noble idea ( at first ) but when violence and crime at the hands of violent human beings in those communities create financial loss and obvious safety issues, how can there be economic growth? Its not the job of economic policy makers to ensure that people in those communities make responsible decisions, provide structured housholds, and teach their children to obey laws and pay attention in school.
    Economic policy makers are faced with a conundrum.

ktm, murray t turtle and semperfrosty like this.
  2. Interesting thought.

I'm surprised the juggernaut organisations havent switched to unmanned,high security establishments almost like giant vending machines to combat high crime areas.

But,as you say,that doesnt halt the domino effect of unemployment and poverty in centralised areas.

3. M.W.

M.W.

You mentioned it, a lot can be retraced to broken family structures. The only big problem is that we all are being charged tax payer money for woke imbeciles who think a woman can do anything with her body, including murder of the unborn life, couples think they can divorce whenever it is convenient, absent fathers, drug addicted parents, thug mentality, individuals who think its great to raise a child as two dudes or two lesbians, gender changes, hundreds of gender identities. This is what destroys society. Anywhere. Everywhere. When the underlying fabric that holds us all together and responsible is being removed then utter chaos ensues.

Big difference is that the middle class and up can often survive such major setbacks in life. The poor usually don't. But we as middle class should not be held responsible.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  4. Don't hold back MW.Tell us what you really think!:D:D:D

5. M.W.

M.W.

Was this not clear enough? Woke bullshit is that holds all of us back. And that we have to all pay for this crap.

I would as police beat the shit out of any thiefs and those who assault others. Restore law and order should be the first step. The same police pussies who are too afraid to even cruise certain neighborhoods stand in the football stadium with their kids and play big daddy. They are pathetic cowards who bend to the woke mob. Same as their DAs, city councilors, and governors. I am not calling for abusive behavior but commensurate measures appropriate to meet the ever increasing violence and thug mentality.

6. notagain

notagain

Soros D.A. = open season on retail stores.
    Blame the Governors for their passive cooperation with communism.

swinging tick and M.W. like this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Relax, it's all good.
    delete1.jpg delete.jpg
    delete.jpg

8. Yeah I got the jist mate.Just playing.:D

9. ktm

ktm

I think the morality ship has sailed here in the US.

You had a cop in DC do a traffic stop on a stolen car over the weekend. He was being dragged at high speed and had to shoot the driver. The "community" is demanding the cop be charged with murder. And everyone is forced to hang their heads and quietly walk away lest they be called racist.

swinging tick likes this.
  10. %%
    Good points.
    31 US states have banned biological men from competing in women's sports.
    I"M not a wildlife biologist LOL, but big difference in male + female birds
    The males are more aggressive than the females .The males sing more than females in spring.
    Our local WMT has parking space ''Reserved For our Law Enforcement Partners''
    Good moving van business out of hi tax NY+ CA:caution::caution:

#10     Mar 20, 2023