Economic Implications of Iran having the bomb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mschey, Apr 11, 2006.

1. The day has come...IRAN might have the bomb. Is it already priced into the market? Was that the reason the market sold so hard this AM?

What say you?

2. fhl

fhl

So you think Bush and Iran are really "buddies" working to get oil higher. I've heard some nutcase theories, but this just about takes the cake.

3. Excellent Commentary
    ........................................................................................................

fhl wrote

So you think Bush and Iran are really "buddies" working to get oil higher. I've heard some nutcase theories, but this just about takes the cake.

....................................................................................................

No...Bush is not an Iran buddy....his buddy is ¨HIGH OIL PRICES¨....

If you think for a moment that Bush/Cheney were not aware of higher oil prices to be precipitated by their war policies...

Why do you think Cheney wanted to be in office ?????

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/qu...hal&sid=0&o_symb=hal&freq=2&time=12&x=31&y=16

Then one is very very naive.....

Do a little homework on Cheney´s background in Iraq...Indonesia...etc...then ask youself some very frank questions...
    .....................................................................................................

However....of course this type of maneuvering never takes place in politics....

..............................................................................................

Could be wrong...could be right....the US will hopefully know....soon....

Yeah.....lol

4. iran is a long way from having a bomb.

i do find it interesting and funny though how flagrantly they are thumbing their noses at the US. Treating Georgey like a bitch.

5. fhl

fhl

You are obviouslya "Jimmy Carter" democrat. Wanna tell us what oil did during his administration, bright guy?

6. taodr

taodr

LIBERTAD. You are somewhat naive ! While it's true Bush cronies are profiting from high oil prices, in fact the american people as a whole are. Military equipment
    is by far the biggest export of the US and the same goes for Britain and France. The more money the oil suppliers make the more money they are spending on the latest weapons and planes to defend themselves. Russia and China are soft pedaling Iran because they are selling weapons to them. Some Arab countries are stomping over each other to get purchase agreements for military equipment. Even backwater african dictators are sucking up american weaponry which is mysteriously "slipped" into the black market.

7. Excellent Commentary
    .........................................................................................
    taodr wrote
    LIBERTAD. You are somewhat naive ! While it's true Bush cronies are profiting from high oil prices, in fact the american people as a whole are. Military equipment
    is by far the biggest export of the US and the same goes for Britain and France. The more money the oil suppliers make the more money they are spending on the latest weapons and planes to defend themselves. Russia and China are soft pedaling Iran because they are selling weapons to them. Some Arab countries are stomping over each other to get purchase agreements for military equipment. Even backwater african dictators are sucking up american weaponry which is mysteriously "slipped" into the black market.
    ......................................................................................

Man ...I fell off the back of a tall tall turnip truck...or was that a Carter peanut truck ???

8. Is it supposed to be a good thing that we export so much military equipment? Are you suggesting that providing others with a way to have bigger and more deadly wars is a good thing because it stokes our economy?

9. taodr

taodr

No, I am saying america needs the money that they take in selling weaponry. Maybe desparately. They will push the oil price up until every country that exports oil figures it has enough weapons. It's the shits but it is reality.

10. I disagree that the US "needs" the money "that" badly. It could always start a few less wars or give a few less tax breaks to the wealthy... basically give up crony capitalism as a way of managing the government.

#10     Apr 11, 2006