Economic impact of possible attack on Iran

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NoMoreOptions, Jan 17, 2005.

1. mhashe

mhashe

You hit the jihadist problem right dead center. Unfortunately we in the west fund the infinite wealth of wahabi sect by driving 10mpg Hummers. These wahabis use their unlimited wealth to fund radical madrassas and imams in impoverished third world nations.

Absolutely nothing will be done about it because the current elite in the dominant power of the west are also controlled by the source of the wahabi wealth.

#51     Jan 17, 2005
  2. Just like every great trade, what goes up must come down (evenutally).

I am a god loving citizen of this country but one day we will see our demise. It is only a matter of time. I compare our current siutation like a penny stock that is being naked shorted.

Eventually there will come a point where there are so many people betting against us that we will be in trouble. And there are many people that hate us that we cant even knwo of.

If you have something good or you are on top there are always people trying to take you down. I have had people tyry to do it to me my whole life. Whether it be in a great trade or you have just been successful in life, people in general are JEALOUS. Jealouly breeds hated. As a result, people hate to see us on TV making millions on some stupid TV show sipping champagne and watching some stupid show called "trading mommies" or "The Apprentice" while their kids are being bombed and killed because some person says they have wepons under their house while they only have dirt and carrots in their cellar. WOULD YOU BE PISSED IF IT WERE YOU IN THERI SHOES??? ASK YOURSELF THIS??? Alays put yoruself in other peoples shoes in life and you will be able to make better decisions.

I am a realist. Realists are objective in nature and problem solving is based on facts and not falacy. A realist can see that this war was real bad for us in terms of HOW WE ARE PERCEIVED by the world. It would have been much better for us to just come out and say that we dont like what they are doing to their citizens and then invade instead of going on TV AND MAKING COLIN POWELL tell people they have WMDs when now we have to retract that. I compare that like ENRON earnings. But, we dont care. Why, because we are greedy and we only care what is in front of us at this moment in time. Do I think we have to go into other countries now???? Yup!!! Why?? Because these other countries are trying even harder now to get us since this iraq thing.

I will fight til the end for this country but I am a realist and we are losing ground right now but most people fail to see it BECAUSE WE ARE MOSTLY CONCERNED ONLY WITH THE SHORT TERM, JUST LIKE WE ARE AS TRADERS. Plain and simple!!!!

#52     Jan 17, 2005
  3. How many troops does canada have in afghanistan? As for your analysis that the iranian government is rational, and can be gamed, I would submit that your analysis is completely wrong. If you study the war that Iran fought with Iraq you'll realize that they don't care about losing a few million people to a nuke. They were willing to give children a copy of the koran in one hand, and affirmed that god was on there side, and then sent the children out across fields full of land mines to literally "clear the way".

As for the war in Iraq...well...it is a mess...but that's what war is. However, I firmly believe that one of the reasons that we have not seen an attack on american soil since 9/11 is because our enemy has its hands tied in Iraq and Afghanistan. Simply put...We are taking the war to them and they are unable to bring it back to us. And that is a brilliant strategy.

#53     Jan 17, 2005
  4. look, the whole nuclear scare is just to escalate the war and install puppet regimes into iran, syria, lebanon, libya....blah blah blah. go read their playbook...they wrote it all out in the 90's.

and they know they are going to need many more military personnel........anyone feel a draft in here???

#54     Jan 17, 2005
  5. Shorting the US and the American people has always been a bad bet. Perhaps you should consider covering your positions, and get bullish on this great nation of ours after all 20 million illegal immigrants can't be wrong:)

#55     Jan 17, 2005
  6. MAD does not apply here, I dont understand how this could be even taken into consideration when hypothesizing what the checks and balances would be if ...

One must admit that there is little if any stability of the mideast govts (sans Israel). That being said I would not feel comfortable relying on MAD to deter a nuclear detonation by a fanatic who has gained control of Iran.

How many of you believe that Saddam, or Bin Laden etc., if they had a nuke, would hesitate and think "you know this is wrong" and not push the button.

They have shown how they value life...they dont.

People have gained the most for their people w/o violence, Fredrick Douglas, Gahndi, MLK. It makes me wonder if theses fanatics care about the cause of their people, or do they just want to kill everyone. Scary

#56     Jan 17, 2005
  7. Average age of US soldier in WW2 : 26
    Average age of US soldier in Korea : 24
    Average age of US soldier in Vietnam : 19

Given the willingness of the public to continually drop the threshold for "adult offender" status, there is no doubt at all that, if Vietnam had continued, 16 year olds would have been next in line.

#57     Jan 17, 2005
  8. Neither did Stalin, and his scale of murder and oppression make Saddam look like the Tooth Fairy. How they value the lives of their own people is irrelevant to MAD: all the credible evidence points to both Saddam and the Mullahs in Iran valuing their own lives rather highly, which is all that is necessary for MAD to work.

#58     Jan 17, 2005
  9. "ok...we hate what you are doing to your people so we are going to come in and kill many more and also throw in a little torture just to make'm feel at home. what did we hate so much....his technique..we can do it better??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

you lost me on that one.

#59     Jan 17, 2005