Economic Forecast For US Economy for 2005 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, May 26, 2005.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I know guys that grew up in Marxist Russia. The leaders were continually predicting the collapse of capitalism. It makes sense from their point of view, they can justify all their oppression, inability to deal with the demons and stupidity by the thought that it will be better than to go down with the capaitalists. They think they will wind up looking good at some point IOW but it never happens.

When I have more time I might start a "let's all watch Hugo Chavez take his country down and blame the West" website for humor. I need to work on my Spanish anyhow and reading the SA news would be a good workout.

#21     Apr 27, 2006
  2. Oil at $35 to $40....will modify Chavez´s plans....

#22     Apr 27, 2006
  3. Not until the next administration, or after about 6 months of a real revolt in the republican ranks when GW throws in the towel.

#23     Apr 27, 2006
  4. Cesko

Cesko

5. .

April 28, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to Cesko

I would not worry about that because if Venezuela needs help for any reason for any type of technical help – Chavez can ask his friend Lula in Brazil and Petrobras could come to the rescue.

Today, Petrobras is a first rate international petroleum company and they have all kinds of expertise in that field.

It is posible also that the Venezuelan oil company has sold the oil at a higher price to a client and then contacted the Russians to cover their new trade.

If you have clients ready to buy your product - above your capacity of production - there is nothing wrong to find someone that can supply you with the product for you to be able to deliver.

That company is in the oil business and there is nothing wrong for them to make some extra money.

FT – April 28, 2006

…Under President Hugo Chávez, PDVSA's oil output has declined by about 60 per cent, a trend analysts say has accelerated in the past year because of poor technical management.

Mr Chávez's push to extend his influence throughout Latin America and the Caribbean with promises of cheap oil for friends and allies may be overstretching PDVSA's finances, however….

#25     Apr 28, 2006
  6. Cesko

Cesko

I am glad it's all good with Venezuela, now back to U.S. bashing. Most popular sport in the world.:D

#26     Apr 28, 2006
  7. Long term, its easy Bro, The US buck is hating it.

So give us a trading strategy,

OR shut the FUCK UP, and stop posting!

Targets ?

This is a TRADING FORUM, not investing.

Southamerica, try competing with us Yanks, and post as you trade.

Jay

#27     Apr 29, 2006
  8. For example, I made 26 trades yesterday.

That is trading S America.

Making one trade, and then arguing the point, is NOT trading.

Jay

#28     Apr 29, 2006
  9. Cesko

Cesko

He will never shut up. I don't think he is into investing, more into spreading leftie bullshit. He is so consistent that I really believe he is getting paid for it.

#29     Apr 29, 2006
  10. .

Jayford: So give us a trading strategy,

This is a TRADING FORUM, not investing.

April 30, 2006

SouthAmerica: If you have been reading my postings then you should know that I have been giving you information for long-term trading or investing.

I have been very clear on the price of gold since gold was trading at $ 295 p/oz.

I gave many reasons why the US dollar was going to decline versus the euro since the euro was trading Euro $ .85¢ to US$ 1.00

I gave you the target for the Fed Funds rate – timing and actual rate.

What else you want from me that I do the trading for you?

Can’t you figure out the rest by yourself?

I believe the US dollar will move down against the euro and the price of gold will increase further in US dollars in the coming months.

As I have mentioned in various prior postings – The Fed should take a break when the Fed Funds rate reaches the 5 percent level – because there are too many things going on right now and they should take a break and let the dust settle a little bit before deciding what to do next.

But the Fed can encounter a major problem ahead and if that materializes then the Fed does not have a choice other than continue increasing the Fed Funds rate until they are able to stabilize a fast declining US dollar.

I will not be surprised to see the US dollar trading US $ 1.40 to Euro $ 1.00 in the coming months - or even higher before the end of 2006.

#30     Apr 30, 2006