Economic End Game possibilities

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Random.Capital, Aug 8, 2011.

1. It aint that funny. If I had a kid today I'd tell him ,"Forget college, go to a trade school and get a job. If you get bored you can always get a P.H.D. In the meantime, live the American Dream, no house no mortgage."

Out here we flip those poppers for bluegill and crappie in the spring. My first cast (and all I was trying to do is figure out how I got the line out) I caught a nice bluegill. Well after that you know how it goes.

I don't know what's more complicated, flyfishing or option trading.

But the point is, if everybody lived like I do the whole world would be in a depression. (both economically and mentally.)

#11     Aug 8, 2011
  2. well EMR, do I have to do this again?

42% of traders outperform mkt 1 yr
    21% of traders outperform mkt 2 yr
    10% of traders outperform mkt 3 yr

MY 90 year old mother has outperformed 90% of every expert on CNBC
    in her index fund.

#12     Aug 8, 2011
  3. and furthermore, Everything I have to show for myself are the result of 3 big lucky trades.

Soon, there will be many more traders on ET who were long gold and lucky enough to get out at the top.

And they will be looking for opportunities to duplicate their success.

#13     Aug 8, 2011
  4. at anyrate, what got lost in the mix is, the US economy is growing. It may be described as anaemic or fragile, but still it is growing. So we are not in a recession or a depression, although we could be sometime soon. At the moment we are growing. And I can take anything that's growing and do something good with it.

#14     Aug 8, 2011