Economic Education

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Apr 12, 2010.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

You mean like a patron of that school. Someone who supports it and thinks it is the best. Like an advocate?

OK. You can do physical economics if you want.

Is there anyone who wants to do the others?

#11     Apr 12, 2010
  2. #12     Apr 12, 2010
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

It is not me. Proflogic stated physical economics. I guess they are sub categories. Also you could claim monetarism is similar. It used more statistical analysis of the economy to make decisions. Is this another sub category for physical economics. You might argue no but there is a case.

I think what we will do is consider both Econophysics and Thermoceconomics as schools but note they are physical economic sub categories.

Which one do you want to do Proflogic or would you like to do both as one.

I guess it is your decision if you are the one doing it.

#13     Apr 12, 2010
  4. The closest would be Econophysics.

I look at physical economics as the ability to explain price action or money flow through applied physical standards. I dislike statistical mechanics as a subfield because I find most use statistics as a crutch. I would prefer to simple state and use statistics as a way of mathematically validating the accuracy of the physical outcomes of the scientific process.

#14     Apr 12, 2010
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

You can be the advocate for Econophysics then.

#15     Apr 12, 2010
  6. i'd like a simple synopsis comparison of the various theories, schools of
    economic thought; i'm not interested in studying and wading through it all

i'd also like a 'what works'-'absolute' because 'economics' is such an abstract
    subject where each theory has its own set of rules that economics becomes
    an unuseable - to me - source for information

the other tie-in if that's that's correct is how the financial industry either takes
    advantage of or influences or causes a change in the economics, whether or
    what can be used to interpret such actions to take trading advantage of same
    tho this might be going further out from the thread's / Morganist's intention

#16     Apr 12, 2010
  7. Correct

#17     Apr 12, 2010
  8. if there is not much response, that tells you the level of interest.

Frankly, start one thing and keep it simple. If it withers, then you should know what to do.

#18     Apr 12, 2010
  9. Nothing that takes much effort will ever generate a lot of interest but that isn't saying that it isn't wothwhile.

#19     Apr 12, 2010
  10. I dont think a thread like that would work. Not because there is no interest, but because their is really nothing to discuss. Forums are here for people to discuss different view points. What it sounds like you want to do is put some kind of learning center on here so people can read and understand about those types of economics. Two things will happen if you create such threads...people will read and not respond, or people will respond and talk about how whatever their economic view is works better than that specific thread.

Many people on this thread that like economics do not have some of the vocabulary of a university economics major in here also. So many will not participate in such a forum. You have to keep it simple for the majority because those are the people we want to reach.

#20     Apr 12, 2010