Economic Cure, The Rennick Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Rennick, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Mav88

Mav88

check out an S&P chart for the 90s, it took off in January 1995 and guess what happened then.... repubs took congress

#21     Feb 23, 2010
  2. Bush merely jumped on board... the legislation which was the facilitator for this entire mess was enacted before Bush's time.

#22     Feb 23, 2010
  3. pspr

pspr

Bush did jump on board with affordable housing but he also issued a warning to Congress that we were headed for trouble in the housing market - particularly at Freddie and Fannie.

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2008/0...annie-mae-freddie-mac-17-times-in-2008-alone/

#23     Feb 23, 2010

4. Wow, you have it exactly backwards. the Dems are the absolute WORST at blaming others. For instance Barney Frank, who more than any other singular human, created the housing bubble and now mortgage crisis - yet he is the loudest Bush critic.

The left's disingenous bullshit, including the nonsense about Clinton's so-called budget suprlus - based on falsified, unsustantainable revenues due to the Internet Bubble era - is a joke and easily verifiable to be a huge pack of lies.

Just like Obama's newest budget, that claims revenues from Cap & Trade and other legislation that doesn't even exist. The deficits are far larger than they admit to.

A great many of the spending and entitlement programs we struggle with now were born in the Clinton era. Look it up. the last Republican congress was absolutely saddled with it.

And get some facts. 9/11 took many, many years of planning to occur. To blame Bush for that, then you'd better blame Obama for the bad economy now, he has been in office for a year. And the Dems have been running Congress in their fourth year now.

But of course, that little fact will never pass your lips.

#24     Feb 23, 2010
  5. lol, I keep forgetting a repub President is never to blame for his decisions. Check out the 2002 video. Bush clearly was a leader for putting unqualified people in homes.

#25     Feb 23, 2010
  6. There aren't many places where a 2002 home purchase wouldn't still be a winner today. From 02 through 05 there was a lot of appreciation. I live in a beleaguered market and even here prices are only back to around 2003 levels. A few suburbs away prices have bounced so hard off the lows of last year that I'm not even sure if they're truly down anything from their peak. RE is like stocks. Some areas are C, other areas are JPM.

#26     Feb 23, 2010
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Is 'Rennick's Ball' really just some other online service?

#27     Feb 23, 2010
  8. Repub tools like you never accept any blame do you?

And Rubin was and is one of the biggest slimeballs of them all.

#28     Feb 23, 2010
  9. The Guy who ran the Mighty Ball created a delicious premium ChickenBurger less than a year ago and now has it in nearly 1000 supermarkets. He shut down his Market timing service to focus on that. Without the Ball calls I spend the trading hours waiting for a new pic to post in the Daily Hottie. HUHHUHUH... BOOOOIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!

:cool:

#29     Feb 23, 2010
  10. LOL, when did Bush ever say "That was my fault and I take responsibility for it"?

How do you know how many years of planning it took? Were you involved? I just pointed out that the first WTC bombing occurred just a few weeks after Clinton took over from Bush I and I never once heard Clinton blame Bush, while all I ever heard from Bush II and cronies was that 9/11 was Clinton's fault. this was even after they were warned about terrorism by the outgoing Clinton administration, yet they ignored it. Oh, and I do recall that the repubs criticized Clinton for spending too much time and money fighting terrorism while he was in power.

#30     Feb 23, 2010