ECN retail liquidity

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by FutureScalper, Jul 6, 2012.

1. hft_boy

hft_boy

Through Alpari

#11     Jul 12, 2012
  2. JamesL

JamesL

yeah, I just read that. Too slow on the edit. :)

#12     Jul 12, 2012
  3. dewton

dewton

Has anyone in here in the U.S tried starting a foreign corporation (e.g. incorporated in Belize) and opening an account with a foreign broker via that corporation? Would that work?

I'm just interested in knowing the cheapest/fastest way of doing this so I could access foreign brokers.

#13     Jul 12, 2012
  4. Looks like FXDD also has an arrangement with Dukascopy.
    HyperScalper

#14     Jul 12, 2012
  5. #15     Jul 12, 2012
  6. JForex from Dukascopy has a standalone Java compatible interface for automated trading. Does anyone here happen to know whether Alpari and FXDD will allow access to this standalone API facility?

Inside the JForex client software there are also "Strategy" modules which Java savvy programmers can also implement. But this is not the same as the standalone JForex API. Thanks ! HyperScalper

#16     Jul 12, 2012
  7. Occam

Occam

You're right, JamesL, I failed to make note of what section this was in before posting :D Apologies to all.

#17     Jul 12, 2012
  8. We went with FXDD, which allows access to Dukascopy JForex for ONLY $250 minimum account funding. Have worked with a small Live account for a while, and done extensive Strategy coding.

Geez, I wrote multi-threaded servers, and used the Java Swing gui from inside a Strategy module. This is some serious coding within the JForex platform, it's quite amazing if you're a Java guy.

Alpari requires a $10k minimum, and I have heard their service is bad, so recommend going with FXDD. US residents cannot establish an account directly with Dukascopy, by the way...

So in answer to my question, yes, JForex from FXDD is just a passthrough to Dukascopy's systems and ALL features of the platform are available to Strategy coders.

As far as liquidity is concerned, a 5 MICRO lot OFFER on the ECN has been observed to fill at the ASK price. Wow. This doesn't happen every time, especially not with such small lot sizes, but liquidity is remarkable.

I did most of my testing on a Live system, but even their Demo system is remarkable in its accuracy.

FXDD's commish is slightly elevated above that offered by Dukascopy but, since US residents can't go direct, it's not a bad deal.

HyperScalper.

#18     Jul 25, 2012