ECN Rebates from Home Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by send_to_tony, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bespoke

bespoke

I contacted Lion Pride a while ago and they offered a start of 70% at .0002 and it's remote, min 2K deposit with daily max stops at 25% of deposit.

I know someone at Golden who gets 75% at .0002 and remote. Don't know about deposits but the website says you need to have experience or be recommended by one of their traders.

Title can start at 50% and move up depending on performance and branch but it may be more difficult to go remote (probably need track record). Will most likely need deposit for remote, but probably won't if working in their office. But you'll never get 75% because of the way the head office and branch managers split the profits.

There's other places but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

#11     Sep 7, 2008
  2. nic05

nic05

Totally agree with everything Bespoke said...there are prop firms that will let you trade remotely but most want to know that you have some experience or someone is willing to mentor you. I work for world trade and trade remotely, but my office generally prefers traders to come in. In my case, I had to move so it was either trade for someone else or let me work from home and my BMs have been very accommodating in that way. My SO is going to be trading with me in the fall and he will be learning at home with me, but we are putting down a deposit for him.

From experience, you don't want to be learning how to trade from home. Being in an office with access to experienced traders is invaluable in the beginning. I have been trading for three years, and I still plan to go back to an office several times a year just to stay up to date. I prefer trading in my own place now because I find it easier to concentrate, and I have a super fast computer and internet set-up. But having the option to go into the office is really nice.

Most of the traders I know at Golden take home 60% at 0.00019 commission. I take home 60% at 0.00015, which is pretty much the same deal. That will be going up to 65% in a few months. After that it is negotiable at most places if you are consistently making $$. Lions Pride and First North American offer a bigger payout at about the same commission as Golden, but I am not overly familiar with either company.

#12     Sep 7, 2008
  3. I agree with you Bespoke.
    Do they take remote traders here in US?

#13     Sep 7, 2008
  4. Yes that is a good Q. Especially if you are licensed. Also, are these firms safe to keep a deposit? I am not sure what kind of regulations they have in Canada and if these guys are operating legally as opposed to Tuco...

#14     Sep 7, 2008
  5. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Questrade runs their proprietary trading group with full ECN rebates and competitive remote trading.

#15     Sep 7, 2008
  6. Like I said.

Title Trading
    Golden Market Management
    First North American
    Lion Pride

They can all offer commish of 0.0002.

The rest is up to your negociation and track record.

#16     Sep 9, 2008
  7. so same thing with World Trade and Bright? are there fixed costs or do they really provide you with the capitals to trade with a deposit?

#17     Sep 10, 2008
  8. any similar prop deals but for FX?

#18     Sep 10, 2008