ECN Costs

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by BankerBlueChips, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Barry Hertz, the "nice guy" cost me 10 Gs (not counting everyone else who was in the same situation).

#11     Nov 5, 2002
  2. Wcom

I looked into liquidity trading with them and I was quoted 4.75 for my firm, of course the traders would be paid less!

#12     Nov 6, 2002
  3. alanm

alanm

You mean the TRAC cave-in, or something else? I lost about $5K too I think. Probably made it up trading it, though.

#13     Nov 7, 2002

4. I mean that they promised to pay 5, instead they paid 2.5 (after many negotiations). I was going into trades realizing a gross loss expective 5 rebate: instead I got 2.5. The 10 grand was lost only on the gross difference, not counting the unrealized profit.

#14     Nov 7, 2002
  5. ok, just think of it like when african americans call eachother the N word...it was the same thing when WCOMtrader said it about the Hasidic jews.

were jewish so we can joke around.its ok.

remove pole from the rear end lol.

#15     Nov 7, 2002
  6. alanm

alanm

RebateMan said:
    ok, just think of it like when african americans call eachother the N word...it was the same thing when WCOMtrader said it about the Hasidic jews.

were jewish so we can joke around.its ok.

remove pole from the rear end lol.

Plenty of black people find that sort of thing repugnant, given the history and emotion behind the word as it's been used.

Nowhere in my family or among my friends would someone make a comment like that. We wouldn't consider it "ok" to perpetuate the use of a negative stereotype, particularly now.

Anyway, this stuff is off topic, and I think we've both made our positions clear.

#16     Nov 8, 2002