ECHOtrade's solution to new daytrading rule.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TraderJimR, Jul 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Sniper,

don't we want people's opinions here. ok, so traderjim talks about the firm he has a relationship with. and for that matter so does hitman...should we ban these people from the boards????? they don't hide their affiliations as far as i can tell. who do you do business with, i haven't noticed if you have disclosed this info. you are very good at bashing those that do. should gene not post on here anymore, my god he is a principle with a firm....let's do some research on his comments, i bet 99% of his post are related to prop trading. well i happen to be with a prop firm and the only post that interest me are the one's related to my business regardless of who does the posting and what firm they work for or with. i assume you trade independently....that's great, i hope you're doing very well, but please, let's not turn this into a bitching session. i have benefitted from traderjim's, hitman's, and gene's post and i would hate for them to hold back due to your criticism's. just let it go and get back to the job of making money. thanks ahead of time.

#61     Jul 30, 2001
  2. spud

spud

First of all, I don't think it's obvious that Hitman and TraderJim work for or have interests with the firms they are promoting. I think Sniper is trying to bring up the point that these guys have alterer motives, that novice traders get trapped into.

Steve

#62     Jul 30, 2001
  3. Thanks Bryan. As you guys have noticed, I have always disclosed upfront that I trade with Echo, so you guys will know that I may be biased in some of the things I say, and that I may not know as much about the other firms. I have also said many good things about Lieber, one of Echo's competitors.

I don't think my posts have really just been pro-echo, but they have been pro-proprietary trading. I have said in a lot of my posts that there are many good pro firms out there, and I encourage everyone to call them all if you are thinking about trading with any of them. I have just noticed that, for 8000 members that I would assume a good portion of them trade full-time, not many are familiar with pro trading.

I just have tried to show guys that side of things, so they have other options. Pro trading is not for everyone, and I would say it is probably not right for at least 90% or more of the market's participants. But for guys that trade for a living, it has served me well, and that's all I am trying to get across.

-Jim

#63     Jul 30, 2001
  4. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Spud,

You are joking right????? re-read the post that started this thread!!!!! Traderjim states directly that he works with "echo" and hitman continuously speaks about his firm "worldco". if their post happen to be positive it's probably because those are two of the better firms out there. Gene never hides his affiliation and judging from his remarks in the past i would encourage consideration of his firm if it were geographically condusive for that individual. granted, hitman may have been more vocal about his connection when he first started posting but last time i looked there is no requirement for members to do so. again, i am in the business and value these members' responses, also i like respectful debate when there are differences of opinions. as far as hitman's remarks please enter his name in the search "box" and look at the comments in late may or june. i could be mistaken, but i remember him speaking at length about his affiliation.

#64     Jul 30, 2001
  5. Turok

Turok

>Pro trading is not for everyone, and I
    >would say it is probably not right for at
    >least 90% or more of the market's
    >participants. But for guys that trade
    >for a living, it has served me well, and
    >that's all I am trying to get across.

Nicely put Jim. With the new capital rules in place it might become even more attractive for some.

I think we naturally want to share what works for us (well, some keep what works to themselves and may often be better off for it -- but that's another thread) and I have learned a lot about Prop firms from this discussion. Snipers caution nicely offsets Hitmans exuberance -- and both positions are understandable.

JB

#65     Jul 30, 2001
  6. You know Turok, not only do you kick dinosaur a**, but you are a very lucid and moderated individual. I like your style. I think I'll join your fanclub. ;)

#66     Jul 30, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.