ECHOTrade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by runningman, Feb 6, 2007.

1. timcar

timcar

If ECHO trade has low leverage such as 2:1 over night(which you can get at any broker) and just 10:1 interday why would anyone stay there?

Possible great commission rates say .004 ?

#11     May 29, 2007
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

30:1 intraday, 5:1 overnight.

Don't see myself going anywhere else. Been there just over 3 years now.

#12     May 29, 2007
  3. timcar

timcar

It appears that some of your friends at ECHO are not getting as good a deal as you. You must have put up "more deposit" and therefore got better commish rate and higher leverage deal than some of your friends.

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. mrmoose

mrmoose

i know of people who get much higher leverage then that at echo it is negotionable based on trading style.

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. This may sound "odd" (standing up for a "competitor" LOL)...but I'm sure my friends who run Echo allow much more than this for overnight positions, heck 5:1 is essentially retail. Unless things have really changed since the Merrill deal. Jeff? Rob??

Don

#15     Jun 1, 2007
  6. if you have to ask...

i you are truly a business person then you would realize that what leverage you get depends on what you do and how you do it...

like don said earlier there are many capital intensive but low to medium risk stratagies...

you have to pay your dues in this business like any other...

i started back in fall of 2003 at about 10,000 shares a day...

now it is lots.....lots more....

no complaints...

:)

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. timcar

timcar

So at ECHO one must ask/plead/beg to get increased leverage.

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. mrmoose

mrmoose

no they come to your desk and raise your limits while a stripper gives you a lap dance and feeds you caviar

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. They got that idea from us, geez.

Don :D

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. LOL...wtf! us remote traders are getting robbed! The only thing I got was a pen.

#20     Jun 1, 2007