Echotrade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Vinny1, Mar 11, 2002.

1. cman15

cman15

Anyone know if there are firms out there that do not require a min to trade?

#21     Mar 12, 2002
  2. We of course do trade Nasdaq ( a lot more than before since we started the "Bright-at-Home" remote platform), but as you all know, not nearly as much as listed. The point DAT made about the support/resistance bids and offers makes sense.

In any case, we don't bother adding ECN fees to our traders costs....just a business decision to help our traders keep it simple, and keep their costs low.

#22     Mar 12, 2002
  3. Geez Don, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the thread called "Echotrade"? Why do you always feel like you have to post an advertisement on every page of every thread? You've already said everything about your company a million times in 887 previous posts in the last 4 months that you have been on these boards, we know about you already, thank you.

We understand that you do not give rebate pass-throughs so you can "keep it simple" for your traders, now if we could possibly discuss some of your competitors without your ad postings (you already have your smiling face on an ad at the top of the page everytime), that might make people be a little less hostile towards you on these boards.

#23     Mar 12, 2002
  4. Babak

Babak

TraderJim,

(lol)Even when it is dealing with something he has absolutely no clue about, Don just can´t resist posting something. Reminds me of a story John Huston used to tell about producers (but it is surprisingly apt for Don also):

One day two producers are lost in the desert and are almost giving up hope of ever getting out alive when suddenly one of them spots an oasis up ahead with a pond of crystal clean water. He points and shouts to his friend 'Water!!'
    The other turns his head, sees the pond and says:

'Alright! Now lets go piss in it'

#24     Mar 12, 2002
  5. It's comments like this that make me attempt to keep the information flow to readers correct. You know that you are "baiting" a corrective response. (obviously, if we don't add ECN fees, we don't have anything to rebate back).

I'll leave the ECN fee debate alone and try not to "piss in the water" anymore.

#25     Mar 12, 2002
  6. LelandC

LelandC

I am wondering how long Echo holds onto my deposit should I decide to open an account with them? Say I open an account with Echo and family reasons force me to leave trading after 6 months or so. When would my deposit be returned?

#26     Mar 12, 2002
  7. tfrey

tfrey

as far as i know you can withdraw your money twice a month..

so don't worry about any limits ;)

#27     Mar 12, 2002
  8. LelandC

LelandC

I am talking about having the initial deposit returned not withdrawing any profits....

#28     Mar 12, 2002
  9. leland-'
    I think tfrey is mistaken.
    my understanding is your initial deposit can only be withdrawn after 12months.
    that being said, it's my opinion that one shouldn't be trading with money they might "need" in 12mos

#29     Mar 12, 2002
  10. ericdh

ericdh

I believe you also don't start counting the 12 months until the day you withdraw from the LLC.

TraderJimR, it seems to me that you keep pointing 1 finger at Don, but have 4 non-stop hyping fingers pointed back at yourself.

DatTrader, hitting the bid/ask is often the best way to enter/exit a trade, this is a well established fact. If you add in to your equation the 5 - 10 cents you give up on X percent of trades trying to squeeze that last 1 -2 cents out of a trade and trying to get .001 rebated and not getting it, your numbers and logic fall apart....i

#30     Mar 12, 2002