Echotrade Sterling users

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lescor, Nov 2, 2002.

1. lescor

lescor

Is anybody using the api interface with Sterling to do automated trading? I have some ideas for an automated system I'd like to implement, but I have absolutely no clue about programming. I was thinking of advertising at the local college to find a programmer I could hire to work with me in my office putting my ideas into practice. But I wouldn't even know what to advertise for.

What kind of programming background/language would someone need to develop a customized front end for sterling and have it run on it's own, managing orders?

#11     Nov 3, 2002
  2. Lescor, just finished API programming my system, puttin it to the test on real account this week, to get going you have to have rudimentary knowlege of programming-branches, if then else..., some object oriented programming. Best usggestion is to get VB 6.0 pro edition (<$400)-go to a college bookstore-far cheaper, get yourself one of those learn vb in 21 days and start from there. A programmer would also be good but be prepared to shell out no less than $40 /hour and be paranoid of him stealing your system. Best of luck

#12     Nov 3, 2002
  3. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

Plenty of people are. I am sure none of them want to talk much about it though. Send me an email and I will send you all the API specs. Like G said, you are going to need to know some VB basics, but looking at the API specs may help you learn.

#13     Nov 3, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

Sterling has an API!!??

Hmmmmmm,

nitro :cool:

#14     Nov 3, 2002
  5. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

In response to the PM's asking me what the heck I was talking about.

#15     Nov 4, 2002
  6. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

oops
    This was supposed to be attached....

#16     Nov 4, 2002