ECHOtrade seminar in SD and NY

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rtharp, Apr 8, 2002.

1. The San Diego Padres only lead the National league championship in 1998. By today's standards, that was ages ago. The Yankees won't let 'em do that twice!!!

Martha

"Go Yankees!"

PS From which states are the ones waiting for the seven?

#51     Apr 28, 2002
  2. 2 from San Fran
    1 from Illinois

#52     Apr 28, 2002
  3. Your bedtime seems to be approaching in San Diego...How far away do you live from the office, and what time to you usually get to the office (for a full-trading day)? What is your day like, after trading hours.

Does your office allow any after hours trading, and if so...do you partake in the afterhours festivities?

What town do you live in San Diego? I'm trying to gauge, where I should be looking for apartments (if I move there).

Thanks,
    Martha

#53     Apr 29, 2002
  4. Tom Frey

Tom Frey

I join marthanyc's questions ... ;)

how expensive is this area to live ... or does the san diego office offer chambers with beds? =)

#54     Apr 29, 2002
    #55     Apr 29, 2002
  6. If there were beds in this office I'd have no life and never leave this place. Satallite TV, Leather chairs, beer in the fridge, and the ingredients for sandwiches. (I discovered there are showers on the 4th floor)

#56     Apr 29, 2002
  7. I own a condo in Solana Beach. It's fully rented out though and I decided I would rather live closer to the office so I rented an apt
    near San Diego State (lots of college girls live in my complex :) )
    It's about 3 miles away and just a 2 minute drive to the office.

I get to the office around 5:45 AM. make coffee, turn on squawk box, turn on lights, turn on CNBC, turn on my computers, check news, update my spreadsheet and enter my opening orders.

I then check on the other guys here.

Afterwards I enter my setups and a momentum system that the office plays. I might enter a Spread or Pair once or twice in the day.

Usually finished within 3 or 4 hours. Than I play a few rounds of office golf and have a beer. :)

I definitely part take in after hours parties .

After hours trading well sure it's allowed but nope I don't particpate. I rather go surf as the day is over a 1 pm for me.

Martha email me and I can help with an apt nearby depending on your budget and the lifestyle you want to live.

If you want a nightlife maybe live in the Gaslamp area or Pacific Beach both can be very affordable. If the Gaslamp you can take the trolley each morning to the office.

If you are wanting to just go home and relax than maybe a quieter town. North Park, Mission Valley, Kensington, University CIty, College Area (can be ok depends where you are) Clairmont, La Mesa, might be some areas to look at.

If you insist that you must live at the beach. Then the nearby beaches are Ocean Beach (this beach city is run down but affordable) Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and La Jolla are what I would recommend. Anything North of La Jolla will be a drive in the morning that you won't want to do.

Robert Tharp

#57     Apr 29, 2002
  8. Tom Frey

Tom Frey

man ... grr.. this sounds really cool ;)
    I already dropped you a mail earlier concerning the moving to san diego...
    if I could afford a living there for the first few months I'd really come over immediately...

#58     Apr 29, 2002
  9. Robert's got Martha coming down to his condo in San Diego, eh??

I would really like Martha to find a home somewhere ( to trade)...especially since the nightmare at the other firm (see, I'm nice, I didn't even mention the name, cuz' I'm a good guy)....

Seriously, I hope she finds a home that will allow her to trade.....and then maybe she can come visit us when she is in Vegas!!

Don

#59     Apr 29, 2002
  10. quick ! somebody contact MTV or the CBS! I have an idea.
    5-10 young people move to san diego. work at the new echo office. live in the same neighborhood. cast members make $, meet natives, party like lunatics....some get arrested for climbing on public library roof...one guys gets caught trying to make drunken love to a beached sea lion..etc etc
    reality tv at it's best:)

#60     Apr 29, 2002