ECHOtrade seminar in SD and NY

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rtharp, Apr 8, 2002.

1. My opinion of San Diego. I went there last week. Beside the nice weather, nice beaches, nice downtown. A lot better than Phoenix, AZ.

Robert, aren't Echo close to Ikea & Qualcomm Stadium. If so, there are some really nice condo on the mountain behind the Stadium.

#41     Apr 26, 2002
  2. Crazy Trader,

In which hotel did you stay? Was it holiday or business for you? Did you like the general surroundings? the people? the food? Did you rent a car? or did you have friends in San Diego, already?

What was your impression of the echo office? What was the ratio between male and female traders? Was it high-pressure to open an account, to take their $1K course?

Did you get to enjoy any recreational activities (besides watching Maria on CNBC)?

Thanks in advance!

#42     Apr 26, 2002
  3. Snosur4

Snosur4

uptick....Big Bear is a small resort.... 2hr drive from S.D..mostly man made snow... but has a world class park/pipe...in good years like "el nino' the local mtns rock.

Mammoth is PHAT and only a six hour drive north from
    S.D. Over 3000 acres and tons of back country stuff.

Mucho mtn biking local as well ( I ride every day only 5 min. from home).

Not many places on earth where you can surf in the morning and
    snowboard in the afternoon!!!

#43     Apr 26, 2002
  4. marthanyc,

Unfortunately, the seminar was cancelled, and I got the room thru priceline.com. I never been to the EchoTrader office. I kind of know where it is because I spend a day hanging out around
    Ikea, and Mission Valley Center.

This is my first trip to San Diego. Food is ok. Maybe I only been there for 2 days.

You should go there for 1-2 week and you will find out if you live it. It will be a big change if you like NY lifestyle.

#44     Apr 26, 2002
  5. Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I lived in Boston, moved to Chicago (stayed there for 18 years) and for the past 7 years have been in San Diego. You can't beat the weather, no matter how 'bad' it is, there is never anything to shovel. We opened our office in the beautiful La Jolla Village, 2 blocks form the beach. It is just gorgeous. If anyone needs any info, just email me.
    Good luck.

#45     Apr 26, 2002
  6. San Diego isn't nice at all..

Full of earthquakes, fog, wildfires, and the water is only 50 deg.

And when the Santa Ana winds blow, it is hotter than all heck, and your hair stands straight up.

Go to Orlando instead..

#46     Apr 26, 2002
  7. Orlando, hmmm typhoons!

#47     Apr 26, 2002
  8. lescor

lescor

I spent a couple weeks trading in the Echo office and you won't find nicer digs anywhere. Newly renovated office building, all flat panel monitors, a view of the ocean on a clear day.

I was staying with Robert and his pad is close to UCSD and only a 10 minute drive to the office. I went for a run on the beach one evening and drove back to the office afterwards. Sand to office- 8 minutes. It's close to Qualcomm stadium and hotel circle. One nice thing about left coast trading- you don't get caught in 7 am and 5 pm rush hour traffic.

Corey

#48     Apr 26, 2002
  9. lescor,
    i went to your site, and both videos "timed out". What's up with that?

Robert,
    Do you host all your potential clients at your place? Interesting way of "knowing your customer". May I get the same deal (it will save me a helluva lot in hotel expenses)? [​IMG]

#49     Apr 27, 2002
  10. San Diego is the best place to live and trade (once you get used to the hours).

The word must be out too, our office started in late January with three traders and we now have 13 active traders and 3 waiting on their series 7 to come through.

Import stats on active traders-

8 from San Diego
    1 from Ohio
    1 from New York
    1 from Oregon
    1 from Pennsylvania
    1 from Wisconsin

We always reserve the right to throw out the yankees....just joking!

Wow -

JK

#50     Apr 28, 2002