ECHOtrade seminar in SD and NY

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rtharp, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Yep - you must have been to the wrong one??? (I am still looking for the Baywatch lifeguards to show up at La Jolla Shores!)

The weather is back and to San Diego standards and we want to see you soon.

Sorry about the cancellation, but I know Terri has credited you for the inconvenience. See you soon!

#31     Apr 25, 2002
  2. nylord1

nylord1

What is the cost of the seminar?

#32     Apr 25, 2002
  3. $1000 for 2 1/2 days

#33     Apr 25, 2002
  4. definitely wrong beach. I'd suggest Pacific Beach during the summer as all the college girls are barely covered walking around.

Rtharp

#34     Apr 25, 2002
  5. Cesko

Cesko

Robert, what's the street address of SD Office? Thanks.

#35     Apr 26, 2002
  6. Robert,
    I'm thinking very seriously of moving to San Diego from New York. I've grown to love the spring-like weather year-round of cities like San Jose (in Costa Rica) and San Diego, CA.

I was wondering what are the names of the neighborhoods that are near the Echo office in CA....I hate to commute, and would prefer to be near the boats; because, I love to wakeboard and waterski. Any suggestions would be great!

Is your office in Central San Diego....like in Mission Beach? or is it closer to the MISSION BAY AQUATIC CENTER in
    1001 Santa Clara Point? How far would the commute be from a place in the Aqatic Center?

I'm thinking of either renting for the first six months, and then buying a condo. Unless, you think a "house" is a better choice. I can't decide. Argh! You seem to get to the office as early as 4AM (based on the time stamps of your posts). What time do you wake-up to get ready for trading? How far away do *you* live from your office? How long is your commute?

Thanks,
    Martha

#36     Apr 26, 2002
  7. Martha-
    I've been thinking about the same thing. Robert makes it sound like paradise. At first I thought i wouldn't like it because I couldn't snowboard, but then he told me about Big bear.
    I have to admit, at least once a week I look at info about san diego on the internet. An uncle of mine(who knows my lifestyle/personality) has been trying to get me to move there for ten years.
    Is it difficult to get a six month rental there?
    Maybe I'll just toss my mattress,snowboard,mtn bike into the back of my Jeep and head west!

I've never lived outside NY...maybe its time for a change.

#37     Apr 26, 2002
  8. Uptick,

Making a decision for us to try a different city can't be that hard, since we have roots in our home cities and can always come back. Besides, it's either a five-day car ride or a five-hour flight for either of us.

I also heard San Diego has lush golf courses. So, don't forget the clubs that were gifted to you!

Short-term rentals aren't too hard to get in any city. Any realty company can help us in that regard. Remember, e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. is negotiable - even leases.

Perhaps, we should try staying in San Diego for a week....to see if we would really like it.

Thanks,
    Martha

#38     Apr 26, 2002
  9. you had to mention the golf courses!:) hmmmm golf year round? oh yeah I could deal with that. and being that the market closes at 1pm there it probably would be easy to get tee times...
    decisions decisions...

#39     Apr 26, 2002
  10. Martha send me an email at rtharp@echotradeonline.com

or give me a call at 619-325-8400 and I can give you more info. Too detailed for a messageboard

Robert Tharp

#40     Apr 26, 2002