EchoTrade Reliability

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gothamdweller, Sep 8, 2003.

1. bro59

bro59

Fairly consistent quote problems for me too. I'm on the Sterling platform (EchoPro I think they call it).

People on the front lines at this firm are first class, and really can't be faulted. I'm getting a bit pissed lately tho at the escalating costs and decreasing software reliablility. Sterling charges $340/month now for their feed and software, and it just ain't that great. Predator Pro is another $200 I think, and is dependent on the data. No platform is perfect, but I can't help but think I'd like better reliability from something costing me $500 dollars (news/openbook, etc..). Or maybe I'm just a sucker for not picking up and moving elsewhere.

I really want to like Echo as much as I like Rob, Gabrielle, and Jeff. Wish the people writing the checks would step up to the plate on this data issue.

#31     Sep 30, 2003
  2. This is becoming a MAJOR problem from everything I've heard.

I've been with Echo for almost 2 yrs..and yes, like many others have stayed because some of the staff there is very helpful. Now I am hearing from people that they are even having trouble in the offices, not just remote. Loyalty can only go so far. I hope something gets fixed fast.

I have been using another firm for the past6monthswho has been very good. The software is cheaper ..and IT WORKS!

They dont advertise , so I wont name them..if you want info just PM. If you're nice, maybe I'll send you a screen shot.:D

#32     Sep 30, 2003
  3. Unfortunately it isn't Rob , Jeff or Gabrielle running the shop anymore is it? That is the reason our whole office left last year and offices are still leaving today. It might tell you something when the co-founder of Van Buren is still trading today, but left Echo a few months back. These are the same issues and or problems that they have been having since the merger and the same problems that VB had since 2000.:confused:

#33     Sep 30, 2003
  4. just curious sd, what does assent offer? is it still just order entry? have you gotten charts yet or do you use a third party vendor??? you seem to be comparing apples to oranges, but i will wait for your reply. how long were you with echo?

why do you keep bashing van buren??? i did a search on andover and found some really nasty posts.....but i don't see the point in rehashing that crap.

#34     Sep 30, 2003
  5. and here is an FYI for those interested...i use predator everday...i use the gap finder, my own personal filter, and the sector program and i never have any problems with it. a couple of the guys in my office have had problems w/predator but each time they turned out to be "user errors"..........i personally didn't have any problems with quotes today....there was a very small time frame where orders were slow and it was handled immediately by the staff in chicago(guys from van buren)...which reminds me..these guys have been great!!!!

#35     Sep 30, 2003
  6. Exactly,no point in rehashing the same old crap. I tried deleting my post, but the time limit had expired. If you are happy, more power to you.
    I am not going to get into this with you. If you say there is no problem, then there is no problem. You might want to tell the other Echo traders that are complaining on this site however, rather than trying to drag me into some asinine comparison with Assent. If you choose to see it as apples to oranges, that is certainly your opinion. I guess the office that just switched over simply prefers our antiquated oranges.
    Good luck to you.

#36     Sep 30, 2003
  7. bro59

bro59

Normally I would ignore this, but I won't be subject to a cheerleader with a bias minimizing valid concerns. Uptik and myself have provided Echo with plenty of positive press on these boards, both through posts and private messages to prospective traders. If we say there are concerns, don't come in and minimize that from the perspective of an office manager or Class A member please.

If you have "never had any problems with it" then you've skipped the days with bad data, because as I understand it the Predator software is dependent on the Hyperfeed feed. I'm willing to forego opportunity cost related to this downtime, but am having a tough time paying cash for a service which is bordering on not being delivered.

Echo, if you're listening, you need to do it better than the next guy. So far you have. Please don't let the death spiral begin.

#37     Sep 30, 2003
  8. apples vs oranges....you are comparing order entry to something that is all inclusive, i.e. order entry, charts, spread charts, filters, automation and the list goes on....that's why i asked if you had a third party vendor for some of these items......as far as switching firms, trust me, i do get contacted by assent traders...i guess they like apples.

#38     Sep 30, 2003
  9. Chet..I would be more concerned with the traders that have valid complaints on this thread rather than try to bait me into comparing firms.I am simply basing my opinion on the problems that we had at VB that followed us to Echo after the merger. Problems that seem to still exist without any solutions.
    For the record, I would prefer not to get into what I have heard about predator from the traders that have left Echo in the last month to join assent. It is not fair to your firm as I have not used it before. I do know that you once thought sterling was as good as Hammer which is a joke, so it is fairly hard to for me to take anything you say seriously.
    And for the record, I don't use charts...so personally I could care less. But for the traders that use charts in my office they have a charting package that costs 89.00/month that is linked to Hammer and works quite nicely. If you wish to harp on a whopping 89/month added cost....once again, your prerogative. But at least that is the only added cost, sounds like if you want to trade at all at Echo you are going to pay for it ...( " Sterling charges $340/month now for their feed and software, and it just ain't that great. Predator Pro is another $200 I think, and is dependent on the data. No platform is perfect, but I can't help but think I'd like better reliability from something costing me $500 dollars ")
    As far as getting inquires from Assent traders, good for Echo. It is a small world and I am sure we will always come across the same people. Once again, I am simply basing my opinions on the sample pool of offices and office managers that have left in the recent months to go elsewhere. Choose to acknowledge it or not...I don't care. I have no vested interest and have simply offered my opinion on a public forum. If you wish to continue this...I suggest you PM me before you open a can of worms.

#39     Sep 30, 2003

10. lol lol lol......my point then was that there are many traders that would prefer not to be typing monkeys...that being the case, sterling is an excellent platform....i promise you there is no way i could get my office to switch over to a mouse-less platform. again, apples vs oranges.

feel free to pm me if you like...your personality is much different one on one. you just seem to have an axe to grind with someone from vb. i know you think very highly of echo...

#40     Oct 1, 2003