EchoTrade Reliability

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gothamdweller, Sep 8, 2003.

1. What does Echo say it is doing to address these problems? I am considering starting with Echo this fall and this issue is a concern of mine.

#21     Sep 17, 2003
  2. I am guessing probably the same thing they were saying more than a year ago......

#22     Sep 17, 2003
  3. hans130

hans130

which software r u guys using, echo pro or echotrader II? which platform has the problems?

#23     Sep 17, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

There is a solution: have the firm supply a third party audited performance and systems reliability statement.

There are many firms about that do this: it is expensive and more often than not, the firms systems would not pass the reliability audit - which is probably why they dont supply it. Usually what is provided are technical assurance statements by a technical person: In my opinion, these are almost always self-serving and usually uninformed since the technical people rarely if ever run systems loading and reliability tests - and like I said, if they did, they wont release the results for obvious reasons.

Without these types of systems audits by unbiased third parties you really have no way to judge whether the systems are reliable or not

#24     Sep 17, 2003
  5. Toonces

Toonces

Have the problems only been occurring during the open, or throughout the day? Is it just when there is a volume surge?

#25     Sep 17, 2003
  6. uh, so where are you now?

have you done the cost benefit analysis of remaining remote as a retail customer instead of being professional?

its really running a close 3rd to the pack in that the benefits of the PDT and other concessions especially since just about everyone and their brother has DA software platforms, unlike before (i.e. direct access).

#26     Sep 17, 2003
  7. lescor

lescor

I trade remote with a different pro firm now, and can count on one hand the number of data problems this year. That's an average week at echo.

I've read your ongoing arguments against being a prop trader, and for some people maybe it's not worth it. For me and how I trade, I'd never consider going back to retail unless I had a couple million of my own money to trade. I make good use of the ample leverage that is offered to me. That's another reason why I can't risk quotes going down all the time- things get a lot more dicey when you're in it 30:1.

#27     Sep 17, 2003
  8. I dont know about anything else - since I'm not with Echo, but we were dealing with ARCA's frozen quotes for some while. Tech swears that its ARCA's problems.
    Lately, it seemed fine.

#28     Sep 17, 2003
  9. A good morning for Echo/Stirling.

No Problems.

Keep up the good work.

#29     Sep 18, 2003
  10. just when you thought it was getting better. afternoon system crash happened....

#30     Sep 30, 2003