EchoTrade Reliability

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gothamdweller, Sep 8, 2003.

1. tdoc

tdoc

Yeah, you could say I'm having consistent problems with it. I have quit using it altogether. I don't know if it is right to blame the predatorpro software, however, when its function is totally dependent on the data it is provided. I just can't evaluate the software when I can't get a days worth of reliable data.

#11     Sep 9, 2003
  2. yikes...this is a bit rough to hear. I haven't traded my Echo acct in a few months because I've been trading e-mini's elsewhere.

I was planning on re-activating my Echo acct in Oct..but now this has me second guessing that decision.

Before I stopped trading it, I was having similar issues with data but the Echo tech people told me it was probably because I didn't have 512mb...which didn't make much sense to me b/c when I first started with them I only had 128 and it was ok.

Maybe someone can clear this up.

#12     Sep 9, 2003
  3. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

everything worked ok today, knock on wood.

#13     Sep 9, 2003

4. Remember this thread guys?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16595&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

It has been mentioned before that Quote problems with Echo aren't something new...

One problem is unless you have a 2nd data feed and the conditions of a fast market to really slow the quotes down. You might never realized why you aren't being filled at great opportunities.

#14     Sep 9, 2003
  5. I believe their quotes come in a package from Hyperfeed. Maybe the problem is with them. I once heard Hyperfeed runs their ticker plants on Microsoft servers - disturbing if you are used to the issues involving MS vs. Unix performance and reliability.

In any case, you can expect slow quotes from time to time with any firm (some more than others). Good reason to get a backup quote provider, just in case.

#15     Sep 9, 2003
  6. I saw this too. I cam back to the room from the kitchen and my profits had tripled... I had a couple fo shorts going against me so I ALMOST started to cover in panic..

Luckily my manger PM'd me and let me know....

#16     Sep 11, 2003
  7. i have currently been with echo for 2 1/4 yrs and i really felt compelled to respond to this thread. i have been in the business for close to six years and have experienced different levels of reliability. Unfortunately, tech problems are just a part of the business we have chosen. I don't mean to minimize anyone's comments on this thread but given my experience i have to defend my current firm. i can honestly say that on a percentage basis i have had much better reliability and tech support than my previous 2 firms. I am not saying that there haven't been issues.....but i have 100% confidence that Rob and Jeff are always on top of any issues that need attention.

As far as tech support goes you will not find anyone in this business as responsible as Dan. EVERYTIME i have dealt with Dan in regards to any tech issue he has resolved it or guided me to someone that can. On a local level i can assure everyone that tech problems are my number one priority. I can attest to the fact that i attempt to resolve any tech issues immediately in 99.9% of the time.

In regards to the "open positons" that occured a couple of weeks ago I too experienced this after coming back to the office from lunch.(i think it was lunch) i was a little surprised to see my P&L went from a modest positive balance to a substantial negative balance. Personally, i never worried....i knew echo would handle it. I got a call from support and the issue was resolved. anyway, my purpose with this post is not to challenge the previous statements but to share my experience as a trader with Echo.

Chet Robinson/Manager Echo Atlanta

#17     Sep 11, 2003
  8. tdoc

tdoc

Happy to report I had no technical problems during the past week.

I also wanted to agree with the above quote. When Dan says he will take care of something, or says he will call you back, he ALWAYS does. He is just one of the many fine people with Echo who, overall, make it a great prop firm to trade with.

#18     Sep 13, 2003
  9. No chart data at the open today......

By my count, that is 3 signicant problems in 3 weeks.

:( :(

#19     Sep 15, 2003
  10. Ke..rapp,

Routing went down at the open, with a bunch of opening orders out there.

That is 2 significant problems this week.

:( :( :(

Tough to trade if we can't route orders.

And somebody asked me why I wasn't trading more size than one and two lots. Gotta be kidding me.

#20     Sep 17, 2003