EchoTrade offers new software

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by box, Jul 11, 2003.

1. I think what limitdown is saying is, put up or shut up.

Of course the irony is that, exposing a successful strategy is likely to have others try it, and therefore will eventually turn it into an unsuccessful strategy, so anyone (who wants to keep making $) will not disclose what works for them.

So, the effect is that people will say they have strategies that work, but you can never hear the proof of it.

#71     Jul 30, 2003
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Here's my 2003 equity curve from using one such strategy...

#72     Jul 30, 2003

3. very well said....

fear that one's strategy are very well founded, especially given that you're competing against some of the smartest minds in the business...

however, the dismal record of reality with our industry as being a revolving door of disguised opportunity continues under this shroud also...

perhaps no one is to fault, perhaps we all share in this collective guise...

one thing is certain, this sub-category of the brokerage industry leaves a tremendous "lot to be desired"..., especially in the area of creditbility

#73     Jul 31, 2003
  4. I think anyone who promises trading success ie.. "money for doing exactly what you want to do" is going to attract the most desparate people.

The opportunity is there, although people are led to believe it is easier than it really is.

#74     Jul 31, 2003
  5. that leading people to believe its easier than it really is regrettably causes many well heeled individuals to loose their grub stakes,,,

also, yes, there are risks to providing leverage from the firms' point, as well as those taking the handshake deal....

whether or not real expectations will ever be made, which inevitably chases away those persons, is another story that might not ever be told,

after all, this sub-category industry needs someone to survive on...will it be you?

#75     Jul 31, 2003