echotrade min required to start?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NYC212, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Forgive my ignorance but could someone please clarify what pass through exchange fees are for those of us who are uninformed. Most of that stuff I dont understand since I am only familiar wth an all in bundled fee structure. Is it anythng to do with ECN passthroughs? That is what I would like to know. Those passthrough fees really add up and I would dearly love to cap my fees at 500 dollars a month. I suspect probably not but if anyone can tell us exactly what pass through exchange fees refers to Id like to know.

#21     Jun 21, 2009
  2. In other words would that be 500 a month flat for taking liquidity across all exchanges is really what Im interested in knowing. ie would it mean know 0.18 cent fees for taking liquidity. Im thinking that sounds right.

#22     Jun 21, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

4 cents a share???

#23     Jun 21, 2009
  4. Sushi

Sushi

Promised blowout at tat rate

#24     Jun 21, 2009
  5. He meant .004. 4 mils or $4 per 1000.

#25     Jun 22, 2009
  6. timcar

timcar

Trade 1,000,000 shares a month at the rate of .004 a share yields the Prop firm $4,000 a month. Not bad at all for the Prop firm.

Ring the cash register for $4,000 a month against the trader: Hopefully the Prop would be willing to forgive the $500 a month fee.

#26     Jun 22, 2009
  7. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

OK, Don let's hear it, how much of a trader's $4K a month do you actually keep? I pay a LOT more than this each month (with a lower rate than this), and I am not naive enough to believe that is all profit for the firm. They have costs to clear trades, execute trades, pay staff, office space, lines, servers, support, and I'm sure a lot of other things. Saying they make all $4k a month in profit seems like the equivalent of spending $300 at the grocery store then saying "Wow, the store just made $300 in profit off of me."

#27     Jun 23, 2009
  8. +1. Most of the people making these posts have no business claiming they have the experience to justify the bp in the first place. This is evident (if not obvious) because they don't know how much it costs to maintain a home setup that is relatively 'enterprise level' (that is, redundant connections to the 'net, preferably one of them T1, a stable data feed [not IB's free data], s/w, etc). Have they even done any trading?

And so what if the firm realizes that they can make money off credulous newbs in the few weeks or months between the time they sign up and the time they blow out? It's a big bad world out there and no one's holding your hand.

#28     Jun 23, 2009
  9. timcar

timcar

Wow!!!! two posters who loved the idea that Prop shop charges traders at least $4,000 a month commish fees and I though this board was biased for the trader or the “elitetrader”.

For NazSpaz a review of the Income Statement might help. It’s (Revenue – Expenses = Net Profits). At no point in my post did I say Prop firm “keeps” all fees charged the trader. Of course Prop shop has expenses (computers, salaries, Don Bright’s food bill LOL on last one) but not a lot.

Prop shop with 100 traders at $4k per trader: can Prop shop make a profit on $400,000 a month revenue. I say “hell yes” maybe you say NO.

For traderNik (who appears to enjoy the Prop shop’s charging a trader high commish fees) the beauty of “Elitetrader board” is place where newbs can go and learn if their deal with a Prop shop if fair or not

#29     Jun 23, 2009
  10. NKNY

NKNY

yes 500 is a bit much especially when your not a daytrader and dont need openbook and or even level 2.. any other firms offering overnight leverage on hedged/paired positions.

Nick

#30     Jun 24, 2009