ECHOtrade merging with Van Buren

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JeffreyECHO, Jul 1, 2002.

1. I saw the Van Buren trading tools at the Expo. I wouldn't get too excited about it.

#61     Aug 12, 2002
  2. It looks pretty cool to me. Will I personally use it, probably not, I have a set way I trade and don't deviate much from it. But I think for momentum players or swing traders it looks pretty good. I see value in it. Don't forget that at the trade show they basically had a stripped down version. I talked to them about it on IM this morning and the actual software is way beyond what they showed at the trade show.

#62     Aug 12, 2002
  3. lol...when this thread was first started there were 13 responses in under an hour....

I ask a question about the software that we're suppose to be getting....and a day later only 2 responses....what gives?
    everyone on vacation?:cool:

#63     Aug 13, 2002
  4. Everyone on vacation?........

sort of. I'm just trying to recover from weekend. Was working at the expo

On software Uptick2000 it's already out for demo. It's my guess Sterling is getting the bugs out before releasing it to us. I'd give it a few weeks before it's ready to be rolled out. Don't have a definite date

Robert

#64     Aug 13, 2002
  5. hans130

hans130

Can anyone give a description of the software, what it does and how does it benefit the trader? Can i just subscribe to the software?

Hans

#65     Aug 13, 2002
  6. I know you can only get the software if you are with Echo, they are not going to allow subscribers outside the firm.

The software is the same stuff the firm's backed traders have been using for a long time and apparently doing well with. It generates hundreds of buy and sell points a day on hundreds of different stocks, and alerts you real-time when a stock is close to one of the targets. They say they base it on proprietary formulas and methods, they are pretty secretive about what generates the numbers.

What I do like about the software is that it tracks its own performance. Apparently you can click on any day, any month, or whatever time period you want and it will show you what its plays were during that time and how they all did. It will show you if it makes or loses money, and apparently this year it has done well. We'll see when we get our hands on it.

#66     Aug 13, 2002
  7. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret!!!!

#67     Aug 13, 2002
  8. hans130

hans130

Hey if you PM me then no will know!!! You can let me on the secret. lol

#68     Aug 13, 2002
  9. lescor

lescor

Well giving that to a few hundred traders shouldn't affect things too much! As long as it flashes green when I'm supposed to buy and red when I'm supposed to sell.

#69     Aug 13, 2002
  10. Who were you talking to on IM?

Have you seen this software?

Are you remote or what office do you trade in?

Were you at the expo?

#70     Aug 15, 2002