ECHOtrade merging with Van Buren

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JeffreyECHO, Jul 1, 2002.

1. If these secret tools are so gret, why weren't more people trading at VB (4 offices closed one in NYC) using these tools before? I hope it is a win-win-win not just a win-win. I hope the traders reap some of the benefits.

#41     Jul 2, 2002
  2. 2points

2points

If you think that these two comapnies merged for the benefit of the traders than all of you are complete idiots!!! All of higher ups in these firms only care about the bottom line and there own asses. Do think that either of these companies would want to merge and split the money they steal from their traders? These two companies go through the same clearing firm...read between the lines dummies...

#42     Jul 2, 2002
  3. vvv

vvv

lol

talk about an absolutely incredible inflation of a little word like excited in every second post by those employed at two firms that will apparently shortly merge...

wow...

that is truely, hmm, exciting

only question is, for whom, and what part exactly is just so incredibly exciting about that.

:D

#43     Jul 2, 2002
  4. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

if it were any other firm besides echo i wouldn't rule out the possibilities that you mention above. but having worked with Rob and Jeff now for over a year I can absolutely say you are 100% misguided in your assessment. having worked in the industry for over 4 years i can honestly say that Rob and Jeff are 2(on a very short list) of the most integritous individuals i have worked with. I read this site often and rarely hype, but i can not let your statement go unchecked. i don't blame you for your cynicism in regard to this industry, unfortunately i too had a very "bad" experience with my first firm. but i ask you to withhold judgement unless/until you have first hand experience.

#44     Jul 2, 2002
  5. Babak

Babak

There is no way that they can win (in the long run) if they shaft their traders. Actually their interests are aligned with them. So I fail to share your view because I doubt that they woud be so myopic.

#45     Jul 2, 2002
  6. That is true of all firms. The relationship between firm and trader swings in either direction from time to time but ultimately they need each other and the market finds an equilibrium. Everyone seems to like the concept of this merger. I hope they are right. For, hopefully, we here at Elite are on the side of the trader!

#46     Jul 2, 2002
  7. Pound

Pound

I am excited to get those ecn rebates. Everyone that is knocking this merger ask yourself if you are saving even 500 dollars per month and what is your broker doing for you these days? NOTHING, cause I was you and my broker did NOTHING for me.

I am glad to see that ECHO/VAN BUREN are at least doing something to force changes in the industry by way of pricing structure coming down. 'bout time!

_Pound'ster

#47     Jul 2, 2002
  8. If you are simply looking for lowest price, Andover is the best bet to get a cheap deal.

#48     Jul 3, 2002
  9. Newatthis,

The problem with firms that offer the "cheapest" rates is that they have no money left to maintain their iinfrastructure. Remember Value Jet Airlines ? If a firm charges .005 per share, how does the firm make any money? The answer: THEY DON'T!
    If they don't, why would you put your money up there? Does their equipment work ? Do they have any support people?

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

#49     Jul 3, 2002
  10. It's looking like this parade needs a little rain. I could be mistaken but the end result of this merger won't be as earth-shattering as the Echo people would like you to believe. Bright and IB already offer all-in commissions and this "tool," well, this tool hasn't made a name for Van Buren this far, why should it now? And why hasn't Van Buren promoted it previously? Whatever it is, this "tool" better be good, or the people touting it will be the real tools.

#50     Jul 3, 2002