Echo Trade, one of the best firms out there

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by donaldduck3419, Apr 22, 2003.

1. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

So what is it that you do? Build web sites or trade?

I will go easy on you since you admitted to being under the influence, and I certainly don't mind if you offer us your two cents. I will take issue however, with your claims, statements, irrelevant comments and possibly your grammar and composition.

What kind of example is the amount of time it takes to design a new website? What does that have to do with carrying out a traders ideas? What does that even have to do with trading? Once again, I ask, do you trade or build web sites? If your idea of a traders idea is to get your firm to pay you for designing a web site, then maybe you should give up on the idea of trading in your time off from building web sites.
    As for an internal chat medium (assuming that that's what you mean by "chat for internal traders"), what is it that you would want? Someone to type in all their trades and ideas to you so that you can read and follow? I know I don't want to watch anyone trade who has the time to type in a chat forum all that they are doing and thinking. However, if that is what you want there are plenty of those websites on the internet that you can subscribe to for that. This one here has it and it doesn't even cost anything. Maybe you would like a chat medium so that you could communicate with the ECHO staff if you had a question, comment or problem? Well we have always had that ability as I am sure you must know. Finally, as it seems you are uninformed, we do have an audio broadcast available to our traders.

Let me tell you a little story.

I went to a restaurant last night and I got great service and the food was great they really treated me like a customer. I really felt like a customer, I was a happy customer.

Reference

Then they came over and gave me the bill, and with the bottle of Cristal and dinner and everything it came to $750. I was so upset because I only had $300, so I told them, "look, I am the customer and I think the customer is always right, and this bill is more than I can afford." They were very nice about it, they even let me order some dessert after that. I was a very happy customer. Then, I realized that I needed a glass of Grappa after my dessert and you know what they said? They said that if they gave me the wine, my bill would be about $900 and since I was only going to be paying $300 they thought that I should not have the wine. They were still friendly about it, even though they were going to lose money on me, but I just could not believe it. I got very upset because I could not have an expensive glass of dessert wine for free. So as soon as I got home that night after having a few beers I went on a restaurant review forum on the web and I gave them my '0.02cents'.

The moral of the story for those of you who missed it is: ......

To be continued...

#21     Apr 30, 2003
  2. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

Joey- If there is something so impressive about your firms website please let me know what it is.

And I will take this opportunity to post the text of the IM conversation we are having right now so that everyone can see your contradictions.

Session Start (MSN - clapides@echotradeonline.com:Joey Pomerenke): Wed Apr 30 11:52:58 2003
    [0430][11:52] Joey Pomerenke: hows trading?
    [0430][11:53] Chad (ECHO): it was great earlier, but now i am not trading, i am getting ready to make talk some shit to you on ET
    [0430][11:54] Joey Pomerenke: go for it :)
    [0430][11:54] Joey Pomerenke: you know im a big fan of echo :) great firm... but the site does look horrible.... and i know many many people that havesaid it
    [0430][11:54] Joey Pomerenke: and id recommend echotrade to anyone

#22     Apr 30, 2003
  3. I have never ever said anything bad about Echo...and you know that chad. Great firm, great managment, great all around... i was just saying i dont think the website is very professional...and doesnt seem like there was a lot of time spent on it...thats all i was saying.... i could sit here and bash echo..since for soem reason you are bashing me....but im a a better person that that... thats my .02
    Joey
    Oh by the way? what gives you the right to put our private convo into a public forum?

#23     Apr 30, 2003
  4. And as for Tom...Hes a great trader, but hes also great at web page designer...

#24     Apr 30, 2003
  5. tomf

tomf

Ok, first off I'm no native english speaking so that's why my grammar and spelling for sure isn't the best. Weird how americans often criticize the language skills of foreigners but at the same time hardly have any foreign language skills at all?
    2nd yes I am trading but also doing website design, system development etc.

3rd: if you can read I wrote "to give an example..." So this means I gave an EXAMPLE to characterize the general mentality. I could come up with many more .. you want me to? sure.. here we go:
    Your instaquote acc will be up next week -> IQ is rolling out this month -> a month later .. programmers are working on some advancements -> 2 1/2 months later your acc is ready.

I'll catch you up after close ... no call no message ... Sorry was out for dinner.. me:"sure no prob just contact me when you got time" .. no call no message

and stuff like that veeery often. I didn't mention that in threads etc. as I had the overall feeling of being treated nice anyway and I never complained about that and neither did I now or in the last post. I just mentioned it.

added:
    However I never intended to start any "bullshitting" on your firm nor did I say anything bad about the mangement, etc.
    And I for sure won't post private communications in a public thread? Wonder why you're doing that ... bad tone imho but oh well

Oh and concerning the accusal that I only want to make money with the website shit .... well i offered echo to make it for free

#25     Apr 30, 2003
  6. The trader or the trading group that can confirm the most gold teeth in the mouths of their traders....is obviously the better trading entity. There, settled.

Please send pictures of these teeth to me:D

#26     Apr 30, 2003
  7. Andre

Andre

The timing of this recent discussion couldn't be better as Vito Sisto, CEO of ECHOtrade will be joining us next week in the Elite Trader Chat Room. The chat will focus on the ECHOtrade methodology. Vito has a lot of experience working with traders:

He was with Van Buren Securities prior to the merger with ECHOtrade where he helped lead the development of proprietary trading program - training and financing over 100 professional equities traders.

He then moved to the firm’s trading floor, where he became one of the firm's most consistently profitable traders. His experience there was the driving force behind The ECHO Trading Methodology.

Sisto currently teaches ECHOtrade's personalized Trader Lab and National Seminar, both which teach professional traders the fundamentals of the ECHO Methodology.

Should be a good chat, folks. So please join us Wed. May 7th at 4:30pm EST in the Elite Trader Chat Room.

André

#27     Apr 30, 2003
  8. Well, let me be the first to start... I just ran in the backyard and took a picture of my gold tooth... here you go.:D

#28     Apr 30, 2003
  9. You go out to eat and only bring $300 with you! What do you expect! :)

#29     Apr 30, 2003
  10. Would you recommend Echo or would your advice to someone contemplating trading remotely on a prop basis be to go somewhere else?

Please see the thread I started in this forum about the best prop firm for trading remote.

Please PM me if you're uncomfortable about posting here.

Thank you.

#30     Apr 30, 2003