eCbot vs Globex Order Type Changes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bumblebuzzard, Dec 11, 2007.

1. I made a file of the changes from eCbot to Globex that are coming up on the changeover in January that I thought would be useful to eCbot traders. There are a number of differences that might trip you up if you are not used to CME orders. I have observed over time that a number of traders are not aware of exactly what the differences are

I just copied the data from the latest "Client Impact Assessment document for CBOT and CBOT Hosted Exchange Products on CME Globex," so I believe it's authoritative.

It's attached (I hope) as a MSWord file.

-bumble

2. Do you have a link to a calendar of when contracts are being moved? The cbot website is like a black hole.....

Once ecbot is done, can we buy pieces of it to beat the sh*t out of (like that printer beating scene in office space)?

3. I've attached a file with the startup dates from the same document the order types came from. (The data are in a table and I can't figure how to get a table to copy here, so that's why it's attached.)

The original document is here:
    http://www.cme.com/files/cbotclientimpact.pdf

Nine-tenths of that is technical information not of interest to traders, but if you look through it there is some useful stuff here and there. You can print it out and jump up and down on it. That's what I did.