EBS is having problems?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheForexer, Jul 17, 2008.

1. I have been trading on EBS for four years now but it seems in the last year my executions are much worse. Seems like the market much less liquid for large orders. Lots of market impact.:confused:

2. Are you a direct customer ?
    It will be interesting in hearing an opinion about the greatest volume fx marketplace.

Gabriele
    http://www.gabrielevivinetto.it

3. According to FX Week this week ... "On June 15, the broker introduced a minimum quote lifespan (MQL), where a currency pair parameter was created to ensure all quotes remain active in the market for a minimum of 250 milliseconds. The MQL applies to the five major currency pairs: EUR/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/JPY, USD/CHF and EUR/CHF."

Currenex and Hotspot don't do this. It's a no brainer if you're a hedgefund. Not a fair market when they keep the hotrods off the road.

4. Agree with other poster -- are you a direct customer, or do you have some other means of getting onto EBS?

5. Equities and have moved around, but immersed in Ozzie while it drops ... and getting frustrated with EBS despite their liquidity. I heard from a friend they're in trouble with the makers (banks) and want to create new rules to cut off HFs. Would be curious to know your opinions on the other ECNs and what the heck happened to Lava?