Ebbers sentenced to 25 years in prison

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by skrilla, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Maybe if this capilalistic system were more honest to begin with, people like Ebbers would in turn be more upstanding. This society prizes/promotes successful people and then when things go wrong the lynch mob comes.

Look who's representing Saddam Hussein...some former US government attorney general no less! Is that patriotism/honesty?

Seems like the message is everyone try to grab the buck no matter which way you can. Crooked or otherwise. In government or Wall St.

#11     Jul 13, 2005
  2. Thats a real shame. Hopefully bubba takes his Ebbers ass cherry...thats right I said it.

#12     Jul 13, 2005
  3. Things will look up for Bernie. He can run the prison phone system for the rest of his life.

#13     Jul 13, 2005
  4. The shmuck gives up all his assets, and STILL gets 25 years. They would have to find my ass and my millions first, before I do 25 years at age 63.

#14     Jul 13, 2005
  5. skrilla

skrilla

agree. there's usually leniency given for monetary restitution. if they were gonna hammer him, i would have bounced.

#15     Jul 14, 2005
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I know dat's right.

This clown could easily go to Mexico, pay off some of their corrupt officials, and live like the king of Saudi Arabia for the rest of his life.

#16     Jul 14, 2005
  7. RXIS

RXIS

yea but what if the "dawg" comes after you...u know...that bounty hunter thats become a celebrety nowadays

#17     Jul 17, 2005