Ebbers sentenced to 25 years in prison

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by skrilla, Jul 13, 2005.

1. skrilla

skrilla

SWIPE (MSNBC)

Former Worldcom Chief Executive Bernard Ebbers was handed a 25-year prison term for directing the biggest accounting fraud in corporate history, leaving thousands of investors empty-handed.

CNBC and other news organizations originally reported the sentence as between 30 years and life in prison. However, Ebbers’ attorneys were allowed to speak before the final sentence was handed down and the judge ultimately decided to render a final, 25-year verdict.

Ebbers, who built a small Mississippi-based long distance company into a telecommunications powerhouse, was found guilty on March 15 on all charges — one count of conspiracy, one count of securities fraud and seven counts of false regulatory filings.

.........................................................................................................

Imagine knowing you're gonna die in captivity. DAMN!

2. I've wondered about guys in his position being a flight risk. Seems like he has nothing to lose. Anyone know why more people don't try it?

3. you watch too much tv.

4. Ebbers should be executed by lethal injection, for crimes against humanity...

5. Personally I think they should force him to be homeless and live on the streets of NYC for the next 25 years. Prison is too comfortable.

6. mogul

mogul

I'm not sure about that one...I'm sure he'd prefer to live on the streets of NY!

7. skrilla

skrilla

He'll mess around and swindle his way into city hall. lock his ass up!

8. RXIS

RXIS

What prison is he going to be serving in?

9. One of my best friend's mother lost her job and all her pension after working for these bastards for nearly 15 years. He needs to go through a gauntlet of my marines, then he needs to be locked up for the next 25 years.

10. Anseld

Anseld

i'd rather be a fugitive hiding in south east asia or something than spend the rest of my life rotting in prison.

#10     Jul 13, 2005