Ebay vs. Amazon for selling?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Jun 21, 2020.

1. tango29

tango29

Curious if anyone has thoughts on the differences between the two for selling? I have stuff from my parents house that has been sitting in our basement and I would like to reclaim our basement. Some of the stuff is artworks, china, 5 pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes, that don't fit myself or sons, various WWII items. Probably more, but that is what comes to mind now.
    Thanks

2. Banjo

Banjo

Start with the local craigslist. They pick the the stuff up, no hassle.

3. tango29

tango29

I was thinking that too, but my worry is getting paid with somewhat well made funny money or having to deal with shooting someone trying to rob me. I know our police department has spots out front for Craigslist deals, maybe will give it a try first and save the fees of the other two.
    I talked to a local WWII collector who runs a small store and decided against him. Cranky SOB who said all my stuff is probably fake. He hasn't seen it, and I was just asking if there was a good day and time to stop by with some of it to see if he was interested. It was a very strange call, and not sure if he is all there so I wrote it off to that, otherwise I have no idea how he has stayed in business.
    Thanks

4. Arnie

Arnie

5. tango29

tango29

Thank you, I'll check him out. I actually have quite a few ribbons and awards from WWI from my grandfather. As cool as they are to keep, my kids don't seem to have an interest so I'm at the point of time to move this material onto someone who will appreciate it.

6. elderado

elderado

You know, you might check the gun shows when they are in town. There's usually a number of memorabilia sellers.

That said, I'm also curious about Ebay. Haven't sold but have purchased. Have a lot to say goodbye to.

7. Banjo

Banjo

8. toucan

toucan

try the "nextdoor" app... we use that here... it has all the local neighborhoods around you. we sell/give away everything to neighbors.