EBAY.. short sandwich

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, May 27, 2003.

1. I'll admit I've tried my share of shorts on EBAY, fortunately mostly with positive results or break even. However, this is the cult stock to end all cult stocks, and until it shows a true breakdown, there are better pastures to go short in.

Most of the rest of the internet sector is WAY more attractive to short (I'm lookin' at you, AMZN and YHOO). They're just as overextended technically and fundamentally as EBAY, the difference being their business models are nowhere near as robust and ironclad as EBAY. For anyone looking for a good short, look there, or at the HHH.

#21     May 28, 2003
  2. Couldn't agree more regarding Yhoo. Also shorted Yhoo @30.06 right now. I use it for some kind of hedge for other long positions.

On the long side I'm in good old "Volkswagen", lets see if 30 Euros gives some kind of support. :p

#22     May 29, 2003
  3. Ebay sure isn't participating in this morning's excitment. Too bad; I don't like to give back this much profit, but I'm gonna sit through this retrace and keep my original stop (98.40).

#23     May 29, 2003