EBAY=Not worth it

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Apr 5, 2010.

1. hajimow

hajimow

If you don't take out the money from Paypal and use it for your next purcahses, Paypal will not charge you. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

#11     Apr 8, 2010
  2. ptrjon

ptrjon

eBay makes its money off of businesses and professional sellers- not off of grandma selling her old records from the attic- like it used to.

The company makes money. They've got 13 billion in shareholder equity and 35 billion market cap- at a forward P/E around 18.

Sorry about your camera- you may not like how they make money, but they make it- and they'll continue to. Don't short this one.

#12     Apr 8, 2010
  3. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

The PayPal fees that I have paid are due to the ability to accept credit card payment by using PayPal's merchant account. Of course not all transactions are paid to PayPal by credit card but you pay the PayPal fees anyway as the seller accepting payment. There are ways to set your account up to minimize fees but they still are a significant part of doing business on eBay.

Joe.

#13     Apr 8, 2010
  4. That had to be the worst of the worst conference calls.

#14     Apr 21, 2010
  5. Hold on..............hold on, there's a tear in my eye. OK, got it.

With 3000 posts in a mere year (gee that rhymed) WHO should really be on ignore?

Incidently, ignoring me doesn't change reality. Just aids in denial for those that lack self-discipline.

That aside, are "we" still gonna dwell on $20 fees? I know, I know, let's talk about trading. Extracting 20 bucks here and 20 bucks there from the "river of fish" (and make up for those beeg bad meanies at Ebay).

#15     Apr 21, 2010