EBAY not available to short@IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by wb5983, Oct 14, 2002.

1. wb5983

wb5983

Been trading EBAY for 7 months approx 7k shares a day,never a problem until today. Anyone else have this with another broker?

2. u130747

u130747

I had the same problem at Ameritrade with LOW. Seems they did not have enogh inventory to borrow.

Bert:D :D

3. Bob111

Bob111

Bul...t
    have same problem this morning-try to sell a stock, which i actually own already- 1000 of NVLS and got same message- you cannot short this stock...blah......blah....
    could be a error? i sell it after 10-15 min thanks god that price did not move. something wrong in IB.........again.....

4. I couldn't short QLGC today either. There's something very wrong here!

5. Bob111

Bob111

btw-IB support is very helpful about it)))))
    dont know nothing and cannot explain, what may cause this problem))))))
    also ask them-where i can find list of stocks, which avialiable in aftermarket trading-they have no idea about it)))))
    funny

6. I also have a stock they usually have no prob with , no shorts today.

Not nice.

7. I presume you guys checked the "shortable stocks" list on their website. EBAY according to the list is not available. QLGC is.

OldTrader

8. Eldredge

Eldredge

All of the settings on my TWS were lost over the week end (even though I didn't update), so I would guess IB must have been up to something. Let's hope it doesn't get too bad.

9. Bob111

Bob111

dude, i 'm talking about selling a stock, that you already own
    you try to sell it, and got message -"you cannot short this stock...."

10. Thanks for the response Bob. And sorry to hear about your problem. Something pretty haywire there. My response was really directly more to the guys who were trying to short EBAY and QLGC.

OldTrader

#10     Oct 14, 2002