Ebay, Adobe, EA Games Leaving CA For Utah Over Confiscatory Tax Rate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Aug 24, 2010.

1. SLC is the most boring, dull, lifeless, shit hole of a city I think I've ever been to.

#11     Aug 25, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Agree. It is a pit and I would not be able to live there.

There are two reasons to visit SLC, one is flying in to ski and the other is flying in to visit Mel at Daleboot and have custom ski boots made. I think they are the only custom bootmaker in the country.

I'll stay in CA and fight here. I've figured out a sustainable way to remain here and have some immunity to the financial mess the state is in. I've tried to live other places but end up missing blue sky and mountains in the background. Most of the rest of the country is too flat. I need to see big objects on the horizon not some treeline 500 meters away.

The fruit and nut crowd has just about run their course here, there is no money left. They trot out a 578 million dollar school the same day they announce the state cannot pays its bills. Thats Chutzpah.

#12     Aug 25, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Pursuing lower tax rates, cheaper labor, and more lax environmental regulation has helped locate American businesses all over the world.

#13     Aug 25, 2010
  4. Yes, it's those evil businesses who actually seek to profit again... If only businesses would just give their products away for free based on some enlightened beaurocrat's determination of need... And then the labor would just come in and work for the joys of working, and for the glory of the state too. Wow, that would be a dream world wouldn't it Ric?

#14     Aug 25, 2010
  5. jem

jem

Lets get rid of those jobs

especially those software corps who create digital pollution -

Who needs jobs..

lets just raise property taxes and sales taxes and income taxes and keep voting liberal idiots in to vote for more stupid give aways and hgher taxes.

lets make sure every govt worker gets a six figure salary and massive retirement benefits. And then lets hire more social workers so they can teach more illiegal aliens how to suck out cash for the state.

hail to the liberals in control of our state - the once greatest state in the world. Hail to the liberals...

#15     Aug 25, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

You run a succesful business, dont you? Dont you try to produce the maximum amount of product at the minimum cost? It seems to me that this is the whole concept of running a profitable business.

I think You are in Alberta for part of yor business (from what you have said) why not be "patriotic" and side step it into saskatchewan for a much higher tax rate and see what happens to your bottom line.

#16     Aug 25, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

You are correct, about my goals, and about SK (lol).

But there are two kinds of profit in my view. Those made by small, privately owned business (which creates the vast majority of jobs) and which I call income. And profit made above and beyond income, which pays shareholders.

Now I'll admit business growth rewards both types of ownership, but that's not really my point. It is my experience that privately owned small business is for the most part more ethically and morally run than the public company; those owners are "in touch" with their employees and customers.

#17     Aug 27, 2010
  8. If the politicos can't grow a pair.... CA, Feds, other states... and cut back the social programs, government jobs and their lavish pay/benefits.... America cannot be saved. Whatever else is done cannot have enough impact.

#18     Aug 27, 2010