Eating wood to fight inflation"15 food companies bulking up food with wood"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Founder, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Founder

Founder

Would you be surprised to find out you are eating Wood
    I was :) and as far as food industry is concerned I should be eating wood all the time and paying for it.

15 big food companies have a choice,
    raise prices or bulk up the food with chopped up processed wood

"The recent class-action lawsuit brought against Taco Bell raised questions about the quality of food many Americans eat each day.

Chief among those concerns is the use of cellulose wood pulp, an extender whose use in a roster of food products, from crackers and ice creams to puddings and baked goods, is now being exposed. What you're actually paying for -- and consuming -- may be surprising.

"We're only limited by our own imagination," Inman told TheStreet. "I would never have dreamed I could successfully put 18% fiber in a loaf of bread two years ago."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11012915/1/cellulose-wood-pulp-never-tasted-so-good.html

2. Founder

Founder

Isn't anyone going to say anything.

They are pulping wood and putting it into food, not fiber from oats or something.

Wood !!

3. They both came from the ground. They're both plant matter. One of them is new, the other established. You're just frightened of change. :p

4. Founder

Founder

ok then throw in the insects I want them in food as more protein.

I want processed urine in food too
    why waste it

Heck we might as well start eating people, since it's all meat. My point is where do you draw the line

if anywhere

5. Mushrooms are fungus, but most people don't seem to mind eating them.

6. It's old news. Wood pulp has been an additive in foods for a long, long time.

Where did you think "now with added fiber!" has been coming from all these years?

7. Are you under the impression your piss evaporates right off the planet?

Into the food chain is exactly where it goes, and in fact that's where it needs to go, to keep things in balance.

8. Banjo

Banjo

9. piezoe

piezoe

Its good for you actually. Improves colon health.

10. Nothing wrong with a lil fiber :D

#10     Jul 6, 2011